• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you eat for lunch?

Eversio

Reaction score
usually end up skipping lunch unfortunately
however if i do eat i go for a sandwhich, turkey/chicken salad or something similar.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i dry rub the chicken with mustard powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, cinnamon, a bit of brown sugar and garlic powder. i shake off the excess and sautee it in a bit of olive oil or on the grill.

cooking the rice in low sodium broth greatly enhances the flavor, as does a squirt or two of lime.

Originally Posted by unjung
Kunk, how do you season your chicken and rice? I was doing this but couldn't find a taste combination I could tolerate more than a few times in a row.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the discussion of your diet, kunk. It provides great inspiration for me; like you, I also want to get a uniform set of healthy foods that I can just mix and match, then rinse and repeat so that I can spend time on better things.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usually whatever I like but after my cholestoral tests came back-salads and lots of it.
laugh.gif

danilo

Reaction score
Well I have a variety of simple lunches I make (as I usually prepare them in the morning right after my protein shake breakfast).

1)I make a BBQ tuna sandwich (don't knock it till you try it)
buy those 2.6 oz small Chunk Light Tuna packs (not cans)
0.5g fat, 80 calories 18g of protein!
put it on a slice of whole grain bread
smoother with Stubb's Spicy BBQ sauce
toast in small portable oven (if you have one) eat end enjoy.

If all you have at work is a microwave, try mixing the tuna and bbq sauce together in a small bowl/cup and heat it up in the microwave then stick it between two slices of whole grain bread

2)you can also make tuna salads with those flavored tuna packets, just throw it all on top of a bed of spring mix lettuce and you don't need any dressing since it's already flavored

3)Standard ham and cheese sandwich

4)there's a couple of lentil/black bean canned soups that taste great and are quite healthy check your local grocery store

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't help you with the boredom, since I usually brown bag the same lunch at work every day: romaine lettuce (in a tupperware container -- maybe 3/4 cup?), caesar dressing and one hard-boiled egg.

Reaction score
I make a fruit smoothie:
1/2 cup of pineapple
1 small banana
Ice
Fat free, Lactose free milk.

If im feeling greedy I might add some whole wheat toast as well.

Eagle

Reaction score
GNC's Lean Muscle Meal replacement. When mixed with water, it adds up to only 260 calories and takes away the "hungries" for three to four hours. Load in a 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese, as a late afternoon snack, and you make it all the way to dinner time on less than 400 total calories.
wink.gif
smile.gif

Fat-tie-knot

Reaction score
I cook 3 cups of whole brown rice in chicken broth then towards the end add one can of green lentils and one can of black turtle beans. Makes about 5 lunches worth. (540 cal per container, lots of protein & fibre) Bring a granny smith apple for a snack.

Otherwise to the cafe, turkey on wholewheat texas toast no dressing or cheese. Lots of tomatoes and letuce for the fibre (plus I love tomatoes). Lots of pepper and some salt. Served with carrots and pickles.

Whatever you eat, try and maximize fibre. Besides that it is good for you both soluble and insouble it will give that full feeling for longer and you wont be tempted to snack on crappy food.

billiebob

Reaction score
I gorge myself on whatever is in the cafeteria. Pizza, burgers, sammiches, big salads with chicken fingers. Then I have a couple of beers for dinner. Lunch is the main meal of the day. I drink an assload of coffee during the day so no more than two sugar packets for the whole lot.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Turkey sandwich with about $6 of that really good Applegate whatever turkey from Wholefoods.

Slice of heirloom, some fantastic mustard and a little splash of great olive oil.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really love whole grain dijon mustard. It's great on a turkey or chicken salad sandwich.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Caesar salad, literally no Parmesan and low fat Caesar sauce (20cal/tspoon vs 80cal/tspoon.)

Thought of it a week ago, can't think of a better lunch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads