• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday night 6c and homemade pizza. All organic Spelt base,Désirée potato only needed one, it's been in training all week. Spanish onions, Tilba blue cheese and rosemary, dried chilli and salt.

Washed down with a 2016 Boy meets Girl Shiraz Cabernet from South Victoria. Still knocking off a ultra cheap promo dozen of winter weight reds. Young full bodied with lots of blackberries, cherries, spices cinnamon? and white pepper on the palate. More please.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Going to be in Paris for one night in about two weeks. Where should I go?

I think *** is too much, but I could do ** or *.

Thanks.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday night simple fare, a truffled egg fried sunny side up, on a fresh white sourdough sandwich.

Washed down with a glass or three of clean skin Wipara Valley Pinot Noir.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

We had a great meal at Restaurant David Toutain in July. Also really enjoyed the food at La Bourse et la Vie, which is not on the fancy food travelers radar, but served us a phenomenal pigeon dish.

We had a bad meal at Pierre Gagnaire.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Turkey & swiss pesto sandwich from Costco, followed by a slice/slab of costco apple pie w/Breyers ice cream

Simple pleasures...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Taillevent!
I actually almost booked that because it's so familiar. No idea if it's any good these days.

Anyway, was recommended to try Nakatani, so booked that.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Taillevent is one of the few old school places that has maintained quality. It's been sold, but Vrinat's daughter is, at least as of last summer, still involved. I haven't been there in years, but based on what I read when we were in Paris last summer, I wouldn't hesitate to visit. I'd also go to Robuchon, every L'Atelier I've visited has been really good. Have fun!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Hey, bios, I am going to be in Hamburg for two days. Working like a sled dog the whole time, but I thought I'd mention it.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, bios, I am going to be in Hamburg for two days. Working like a sled dog the whole time, but I thought I'd mention it.
Sweet. Gonna be in Berlin though for the foreseeable future. When will you be in Hamburg? Hopefully not during the G20 summit, the city center is already turning into a restriced & oppressed area/war zone (although 2 days kinda sounds like it... and from what I've gathered, you sort of work in politics nowadays.. no?). :/
Anyway, if you need some recs, let me know, but I prolly can only be of limited help in the upper end.

Last edited:

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

It's not anywhere near getting a star, but Le Comptoir de La Gastronomie was my favorite place we ate in Paris.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight a roast chicken with baked spuds, pumpkin brussel sprouts and cauliflower. The herbivore had veg schnitzel with mushroom sauce. Followed by a self saucing chocolate pudding with coconut vanilla ice cream.

Washed down with The Parish Yarra Yelley PN 2015 and a rather forgettable Merlot from the Central West of NSW.

bullrams

Reaction score
Made a spectacular chicken curry last night:

• Real chicken - not the frozen one
  • Butter
  • Olive Oil
  • Double Cream
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Green pepper - deseeded
  • Salt / black pepper / coriander powder / turmeric
Take 2 tsp butter + 1 tsp of olive oil in a deep dish pan and medium heat.
Saute 1 full diced onion and 6 cloves of crushed garlic until the oil separates.
Add the deseeded green pepper.
Add Salt + black pepper + coriander powder + turmeric.
Mix thoroughly.
Add chicken. Mix.
Add water until chicken is submerged.

let this sit for 25 minutes on medium heat. Once done, add cream.

Had it like chicken soup with real chicken pieces.

This is both nourishing and soul-enriching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads