• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Heh, I was told that was the reason Keane switched back to Hudson Valley.
It's true, too. Hudson Valley once missed a shipment to us, so we had to get some Sonoma since it was readily available. The product is just nuts. Their grade A were inconsistent in size, and the veins in the lobes were ridiculous. Hudson Valley is an incredibly superior product. Sonoma is a lot cheaper, like $50/lobe of grade A versus Hudson Valley's $70, but it was really surprising how different the products were.
Yep, it looks like either he'll have to start selling the ducks for food or shut down:

Here's the actual bill.

This bill, commencing July 1, 2012, prohibits a
person from force feeding a bird for the purpose of
enlarging the birds liver beyond normal size, and prohibits
a product from being sold in California if it is the result
of force feeding of a bird.

I guess no ortolan either.
That's sad, man. He wouldn't even be able to sell magret. Just regular duck. And once that happens, you have to compete with all the duck farmers who are already doing their thing.
frown.gif

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
It's true, too. Hudson Valley once missed a shipment to us, so we had to get some Sonoma since it was readily available. The product is just nuts. Their grade A were inconsistent in size, and the veins in the lobes were ridiculous. Hudson Valley is an incredibly superior product. Sonoma is a lot cheaper, like $50/lobe of grade A versus Hudson Valley's $70, but it was really surprising how different the products were.

That's sad, man. He wouldn't even be able to sell magret. Just regular duck. And once that happens, you have to compete with all the duck farmers who are already doing their thing.
frown.gif

Interesting; that may account for the cheaper grade A foie I found at Draeger's a few months ago since it was $45/pound, but the stuff I bought from them a few years ago was $90/pound. The most recent one must be from Sonoma.

The other option is for him to move his operation to a neighboring state; I would personally try to move to Nevada or Washington, since both of those states are developing in the culinary area. Or he can wait it out until the repeal should CA follow Chicago.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was having some small timers over.
Below find my half-assed attempt @ setting a table
laugh.gif

That thing north of Cerignola olives is pâtÃ
00a9.png
with truffles.
Due to my lack of know-how I chose to leave it in its original tub.
(Same with salmon roe.)
Rather than fornicate up the whole thing during the extraction.
Not that anybody gave a shyte due to it being an all-dude get-together.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by track309
Decided to have a healthier meal to lose some weight. Chicken Kabob plate and falafel

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4592.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4598.jpg

GONE!
IMG_4601.jpg

hummus and falafel are not healthy foods

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had falafel the other week, and it was some of the worst food I have ever had. It is much better when my sister makes it.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
******* communists.

I've always wanted to say that in a non CE thread.

I'll second that, although I prefer the term "pro-social aggressives"

Hard to believe that crap actually got passed.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
I was having some small timers over. Below find my half-assed attempt @ setting a table
laugh.gif
That thing north of Cerignola olives is pâtÃ
00a9.png
with truffles. Due to my lack of know-how I chose to leave it in its original tub. (Same with salmon roe.) Rather than fornicate up the whole thing during the extraction. Not that anybody gave a shyte due to it being an all-dude get-together.

Whose grandmother did you rob to get those plates?

track309

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
hummus and falafel are not healthy foods

Not the healthiest but much healthier than what I have been eating. The hummus is basically chick peas and olive oil. Ok, the falafel was fried chick peas....atleast I got some fiber for the day
Tough crowd
smile.gif

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
went out to eat italian, had a decent tomato soup, but a fantastic ossobuco..I had forgotten how much I loved that dish..

tricota

Reaction score
Serrano raped chiken breast ala...well, some tv show I saw once. Served traditionally with a few boiled and then oiled/salted potatoes and some mixed veggies...I gotta admidt, it was pretty good, and I am getting into the habit of making more out of my meals. I have always been a "simple" eater, but I am begining to see tha value of doing a little extre with even the daily meals...Of couse now I cant imagen going back to simple cooking...Damn. I am gonna end up spending hours in the kitchen...
censored.gif

Anywho, in my quest to also drink a little better wines, I had a few glasses of Gisselbrecht Riesling d'Alsace i think it is called, recomended by some knowledgeble wine guy at the wine store...I was actually not bad...Kinda fruty....Went well with the chicken and the salty Serranno. Sorry, but that is the extend of my wine notes at present...
colgate.gif

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricota
Serrano raped chiken breast ala...well, some tv show I saw once.

I think PETA needs to be more upset with raped chickens than force-fed ducks and geese.

Have you tried milksteak?
wink.gif

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
I think PETA needs to be more upset with raped chickens than force-fed ducks and geese.

Have you tried milksteak?
wink.gif

I dont think so...Sorry, have I comited a terrible faux pas here?
eh.gif

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricota
I dont think so...Sorry, have I comited a terrible faux pas here?
eh.gif

I think you meant wrapped. Raped is to have or have been sexually assaulted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads