• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What career do you wish you had pursued?

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's really funny .. is that 15% time commitment, is often "what you're supposed to do". Go to class, do the assignments, study a bit for the exams, and it's really easy to get B's or better. Don't go to class, don't do the work, and C's or worse are pretty much guaranteed.

I got a cousin just staring University .. he asked for advice .. all I said was "start with going to class. Once you are in a routine of going to every class, then I'll give you the next piece."
I never understood not going to class and "dicking around." Schools cost a lot of money. I didn't want to miss anything, and I sure as heck didn't want to get C's or worse. Sometimes, people can be idiots. Laziness can make a failure out of anyone.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dictator of a Third World country. You work for yourself, have no one to answer to, have good job security and awesome benefits.

...good job security until the rebels (or U.S armed forces) murder you in the middle of the night, lol.

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...good job security until the rebels (or U.S armed forces) murder you in the middle of the night, lol.

No balls, no blue chips.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Job security for life (till your life ends) :)

imschatz

Reaction score

Pretty easy problems to avoid.

1) Give your resources away to the highest bidder, and don't do anything stupid to jeopardize that.
2) Have a bigger, stronger army then the Rebels.
3) Don't kill unarmed protesters on camera.

Last edited:

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of wishing I just did infantry . Would be operational already and I'd see more action. TRADOC sucks balls.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty easy problems to avoid.

1) Give your resources away to the highest bidder, and don't do anything stupid to jeopardize that.
2) Have a bigger, stronger army then the Rebels.
3) Don't kill unarmed protesters on camera.
Maybe...but it's pretty hard for a 3rd world tyrants to have a bigger, stronger army than the United States (or to resist slaughtering unarmed protestors).

Last edited:

imschatz

Reaction score

Maybe...but it's pretty hard for a 3rd world tyrants to have a bigger, stronger army than the United States (or to resist slaughtering unarmed protestors).
If you don't jeopardize resource production, shouldn't have any problems from the US military. Just have to be bigger then the Rebels. As for the protesters .. just gotta make sure it's done off camera. Most people have a hard time getting all worked up about what's written .. video evidence on the other hand gets lots of the lefty's panties in a bunch.

Last edited:

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't jeopardize resource production, shouldn't have any problems from the US military. Just have to be bigger then the Rebels. As for the protesters .. just gotta make sure it's done off camera. Most people have a hard time getting all worked up about what's written .. video evidence on the other hand gets lots of the lefty's panties in a bunch.
I'm going to guess that they usually don't plan for the brutalization to be camera, but there's always a camera (-phone), and in these globalized times, every national skirmish jeopardizes resource collection.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads