• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
super sad true love story - shteyngart
just finished your face tomorrow series which i got really sick of 80% of the way through

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished Cabinet of Curiousities last night. Now reading the next book in the series, about 3 chapters in.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Loved these as a kid, and recently re-purchased volumes 1 and 3. The illustrations were indeed awesome :)

Recently purchased a favorite series I read when I was younger, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Bunch of short entertaining horror stories. By far the best part was the illustrations, anyone remember these?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About to finish up the Ra Channelings. Absolutely fascinating. A testament to the creativity of pranksters and hoaksters. This David Wilcock who claims to channel the collective alien consciousness known as Ra makes David Icke seem logical and sane.

Next I'll start up Dying Earth by Jack Vance. Already side-loaded on my Nook.

Also, for the sake of old times, I downloaded a massive torrent containing PDFs of all the original first edition Dungeons and Dragons game. Then it got me thinking how lame Wizards of the Coast has gotten lately, after they bought D&D from TSR. Then I remembered the last WotC RPG I actually liked, Talislanta.

Couldn't find any torrent but then realized, they are not enforcing any rights, and PDFs of Talislanta are available for download anywhere on the web. Sweet.

Last edited:

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything Beautiful Began After by Simon Van Booy. Really wonderful prose.
Caravaggio, by Andrew Graham-Dixon. Very well written; as readable as his broadcasting style is watchable.

youngScholar

Reaction score
Just finishing up The Great Shark Hunt by Hunter S. Thompson. Lots of craziness with some seriously insightful gems.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hold Tight by Harlan Coben. Half way through and my Kindle went on the fritz! Good thing Amazon is two-day shipping me a new one fo' free. Incidentally, I find Coben's standalone novels to be much better written than his Myron Bolitar series.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished Still Life of Crows on Friday, continuing on with the series, I'm about 300 pages into Brimstone.

i10casual

Reaction score
I was curious why the art of manliness web site loves Roosevelt to much. So I picked up "Colonel Roosevelt" by Edmund Morris. What an interesting guy! I think I'll read the Morris trilogy, backwards though.
I also picked up "Fall of giants" by Ken Follett. Great read on an era I know nothing about. Factory workers use to work from 6am till 7pm, M-Sat! What a crap life. My guys work from 7am to 4:30 with Fridays off most of the time. This has a load of characters running around in the era right before WWI. I like Follett's writing style and is read for a relaxing read. What interests me the most is the life style in Wales back then. I think my ancestors immigrated right after this time period.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TR was 'da man!

But then again, any politician who stands up to the Republican party from within is a hero in my book. IMO every president we have had since then has tried, and failed, to emulate him.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads