• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peter Watts: Blindsight, 2006.

"... we can't even prove that reality exists beyond the mind of the first-person dreamer. We have such need of intellects greater than our own."

"... you had a point about language. When you get right down to it, it's a work-around. Like trying to describe dreams with smoke signals. It's noble, it's maybe the most noble thing a body can do but you can't turn a sunset into a string of grunts without losing something. It's
limiting. Maybe whatever's out here doesn't even use it."

First contact, and is consciousness all it's cracked up to be? This was (literally) awesome.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Peter Watts: Blindsight, 2006.

"... we can't even prove that reality exists beyond the mind of the first-person dreamer. We have such need of intellects greater than our own."

"... you had a point about language. When you get right down to it, it's a work-around. Like trying to describe dreams with smoke signals. It's noble, it's maybe the most noble thing a body can do but you can't turn a sunset into a string of grunts without losing something. It's
limiting. Maybe whatever's out here doesn't even use it."

First contact, and is consciousness all it's cracked up to be? This was (literally) awesome.

Real talk are you a speed reader? Do you read non sci fi

krakatoa

Reaction score
Just began to read Madison Smartt Bell: Master of the Crossroads, 2000. Second volume in his three-part historical novel series on the role of Toussaint Louverture in achieving Haitian independence (I recently finished the first book, All Souls' Rising). While I'm not much of a fan of historical novels, these books have helped inform me how Saint-Domingue (colonial Haiti) fit into the contemporary socio-political situation (during and after the French revolution and during a period of intense great power rivalry in the region between France, Spain and England). Of course, they also remind of the brutality of slavery and the violence it provoked.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely fascinating. Probably a bit too close to the forum, but I eat up the history stuff.

IMG_1446.jpeg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok forgot to share this one i finished this am. It was really good. Henry was so awful. The structure was inventive and the way there was no real tension until the last 30 pages kind of blew my mind. Good stuff.
81wqScNJe7L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0194.jpeg

Begins in 1927 fascinating cultural, social and racial political arc up to I think the mid 50’s set in St Louis had it sitting on bookshelves for 20 years.Quite a remarkable read…

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alastair Reynolds: House Of Suns, 2008.

"Given the evidence at our disposal, only a fool would put any faith in the organic and the machine living harmoniously for the rest of time."

An ok read, but having now tried a few of the modern (say from 1990 and onwards) hard SF/Space Operas with 400+ pages, I've found that my tastes run more to the softer, brisker, more ideas and prose driven SF of the preceding 100 years. Thankfully there's still some undiscovered country there.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was in New York a couple of weeks ago at a bookstore near Rockefeller Center. Son was busy wringing his hands over which Diary of a Wimpy Kid book to buy, and I decided to pick this up. Only finished the first chapter so far, but it's interesting, and I like the writing style.

815ZrU40g8L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No more feet pics please
Would you be surprised to learn that I saw them in the frame once grabbing the pic and hten rearranged them for maximal impact

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would you be surprised to learn that I saw them in the frame once grabbing the pic and hten rearranged them for maximal impact
You take the most off-putting photos.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you want to outdo yourself, you’ll need a Budgy Smuggler, a loud aloha shirt, and a can of Miller Lite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics