• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's a clever trick! Thanks for sharing.

What's the craziest thing that happened while you were working?

Last edited:

PParker ESQ

Reaction score

That's a clever trick! Thanks for sharing.

What's the craziest thing that happened while you were working?

Where do I start!? When you work with alcohol there's always the chance of something mad happening but the thing that sticks out in my mind didn't even involve a person inside. I was opening up and prepping the bar when a car crashed through the window, apparently they over steered and kerbed up and through. One of the most surreal moments of my life.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Something called Redd's Wicked Apple Cider. Just showed up in my fridge somehow -- 8% abv and pretty tasty, I guess...

Lancaster

Reaction score
Warmed milk with a coffee, tbsp of good coca powder, Cinnamon, vanilla extract, black eagle bourbon and a dash of di sarino amaretto, pinch of salt. Good morning world.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally the thermometer gets past 30C time for a Tanq 10 with Capi tonic lots of ice and a slice of lime.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some random Chianti … not bad, considering it's a wine I don't usually prefer. Thinking about cracking this Balvenie DoubleWood 12.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've really come to enjoy the Sangiovese grape. Usually a great food wine, and in its better incarnations, really a nice wine to drink by itself.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've really come to enjoy the Sangiovese grape. Usually a great food wine, and in its better incarnations, really a nice wine to drink by itself.

I've always found Sangiovese wines to be high acidity, which is OK with food but tastes "thin", for lack of a better word, without. Thoughts or suggestions on vintages that avoid that "thinness"?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had some friends over for a pre-Thanksgiving meal, and made Fish House Punch for the occasion. Fit the low 70s weather perfectly.

I don't think I've ever made a drink that hid the alcohol so well. Something about the lemon peel extraction into the sugar, the tea, and the ice really made it sneaky. It's pretty much half rum, but goes down like iced tea. Good times :happy:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
High acidity is a feature of that grape. I've never heard a Brunello di Montalcino called "thin" before so maybe try a good one of those?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Another Vespers/Martini riff:

.5 oz Lillet
.5 oz NP
1 oz Hanson's vodka (made in Sonoma, distilled from grapes)
1 oz Citadelle gin
2.5 oz Reyka vodka

Of course, stirred, not shaken. Really quite nice.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This would have been even better this last hot Summer.

PParker ESQ

Reaction score

Another Vespers/Martini riff:

.5 oz Lillet
.5 oz NP
1 oz Hanson's vodka (made in Sonoma, distilled from grapes)
1 oz Citadelle gin
2.5 oz Reyka vodka

Of course, stirred, not shaken. Really quite nice.

How many times do you stir your martinis out of interest?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

How many times do you stir your martinis out of interest?

If I ever count how many times I stir a martini please take me out and shoot me in the head.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads