• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by I<3Bacon
Ending Old Fashioned Week (as declared by American Drink) with an Old Fashioned:

Before this post, I had no knowledge of that blog or its declaration of old fashioned week.

However, since I read this post right after finishing my first drink, a Star Tested -awkward name, nice cocktail, created by the owner of the Pegu Club- (2oz gin, 3/4 oz lime juice, 3/4 oz of some variation of curacao (orange is recommended), 2 dashes bitters), I am now honoring the event.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
laphroaig-singlemalt-whisky.jpg

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
img03431.jpg
I've never been a big scotch guy, but I bought a bottle of Lagavulin 16 after tasting for the first time last night. I knew it was special as soon as the peat hit my nose... I've never fallen in love with a scotch before but this is by far the best scotch i've ever had. I don't even have to drink it; I love just smelling the Lagavulin. I bought the HP for something a little different. I've already poured myself a dram. It's ok, but I think I'm an Islay man. Gonna pick up bottles of Bowmore 12 and Laphroaig quarter cask next. Should probably try a good speyside too, but I really like the smoke.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Currently drinking a Diet Coke, but.... I had* a Rombauer Chardonnay, a great port, about 10 cabs, a Highland Park, 5-8 different whites, and some great Irish whiskey over the last couple of hours. *these are a rough estimation of what I remember drinking...the wife kept notes, and I will be sure to update this thread when my cognitive functions are improved. Rounded things up with a really needed cup of coffee and a Padron '64 maduro.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads