• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks nice Piob. How's the Trident shaping up? I killed the last bit of my Negroni cask and I'm missing it.

Currently on tap, an Antibes. Gin, grapefruit, and Benedictine. First batch got ruined by little bastard ants that got into my shaker unnoticed. Unnoticed until I saw their little ant bodies in my drink and had to remake it ಠ_ಠ

Worth the effort though.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was at a work party and all they had was jack daniels.  the first old fashioned i had was "regular" and way sweeter than i remember them being, so I went to bourbon and bitters after that.   i usually like woodford, or for cheaper nights, fighting cock.  any suggestions for a good rye?

Jack is pretty sweet as I recall. Not even a bourbon, whatever that's worth.

People here recently recommended Old Overholt and Rittenhouse ryes. I also like Bulleit rye. There's lots of good stuff at higher price points, starting with Sazerac.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cocchi Torino vermouth is also quite good:

This is my current favorite sweet vermouth for most dark spirits based cocktails, moreso even than Carpano Antica (too much vanilla and a bit of menthol that I don't particularly like); I don't enjoy it in a Negroni, however.

The white negroni is an inferior cocktail.

Made with an unaged whiskey or with Suze? I find the former inferior also and the latter unpalatable.
Couple pics from the last few days.

Royal Canadian Small Batch Whiskey on ice in my new glasses.

Hastily thrown together variant of Huntsman's white martini:
2 oz or so of Lillet
2 oz or so of Beefeater 24 gin
dash of Luxardo Maraschino
Kumquat

I rather like your photographs.

One can do a good aged rum with an Old Fashioned.

Mmmmm, a favorite. I am using 0.5:0.5:1 Zacapa, El Dorado 3, Goslings; plus a dash of Falerum, Jerry Thomas bitters, and cane sugar to taste. Orange rind on top. Lovely.

~ H

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kubler Absinthe. :nodding:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
eh, on the second one... I guess everything tastes better after the first one

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
had any issues with fermentation?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Indeed. A very involved process.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listening to Cuban music, eating arroz con pollo, drinking Mojitos, a Cuba Libre and a Daiquiri.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finishing up a bottle of Port (Whisker's Blake, nothing special), something more creative to follow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads