• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing a suit with suspenders to a nightclub

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by detroiter
Seriously, why would you wear a nice suit to a place where you will probably have a drink spilled on it, come out reaking of smoke, possibly get in a fight. Suits=office wear. $5 dollar white t shirts from the corner store, and jeans from the slae rack and air maxes=club attire.

Exactly! I have a set of inexpensive, but nice-looking and interesting, items that I wear to clubs. It wouldn't bother me if they got ruined. It's more appropriate to wear interesting items that are conversation starters than expensive, well-made, tailored items that reak of "boring officewear". A $20 shirt I have (that I don't think is anything special) gets a lot more compliments than my more expensive items.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ginlimetonic
Dumb thread should be moved to Dumb Threads.

So I took OP's advice, on wearing suspenders to a 'classy and exclusive club'. I had lots of compliments, as you can see by all the guys in the picture below...

gaysteelmill.jpg

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaymanjones
The club manager asked me why I dressed so smart lately and said I looked so "brad pittish" and the cashier lady in the kitchen said "this boy knows how to dress, you should all learn from him"...

Of course he said those things. Your a customer in his overpriced club. Its his job to make you feel important and cool.

My friends were the only ones to be like "Haha you're so gay" but they're marsupialed so who cares...

Sounds like you and your friends are quite mature. Are you sure you werent in a typical hip hop club and they were just overcharging you?

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Without being too blunt, Im talking about going to an exclusive club, on a vip table, and a bill that will most likely total over £2K.

Yes, it may be appropriate to wear a suit to such a venue. But my question is: why spend that much money in one night?

jaymanjones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
Of course he said those things. Your a customer in his overpriced club. Its his job to make you feel important and cool.

Sounds like you and your friends are quite mature. Are you sure you werent in a typical hip hop club and they were just overcharging you?

*yawn*...
dozingoff.gif

jaymanjones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Yes, it may be appropriate to wear a suit to such a venue. But my question is: why spend that much money in one night?

I couldn't agree with you more...I'd much rather go out and buy a nice tie or something than spend money in a club...And who here said that I drop 2K straight up?? That's marsupialed. I could get a quality MTM suit with that kind of money...The bill is always split between men. Period.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
suspenders in a club ... that just doesnt even sound right ... and i doubt it looks right either.

Ages you by several years.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
disick-bday.jpg

And we can give our feedback on it.

Great, elegant, classy look!

detroiter

Reaction score
Here are more of my thoughts.

You wont get more ass in a club wearing a kiton suit, than you would in a polo shirt jeans and tennis shoes, if you are good looking and have game. Other guys notice your gear more than girls, girls dont give a **** about that ****. Frankly, when i have gotten bottle service and run up 5 figure tabs in a club (expense account of course, would never run up even a 4 figure on my own dime), the quality of girls i got was no better, than when i stood in line and ordered beers all night long, i get the same quality of girl no matter what.

IF you work in a damn suit for 12 hours on a friday , do you really want to sit around in another suit for another 4 hours or so, when you could be more comfortable? As I said beofre I am not going to screw up nice clothes at a club, and when i go i like to get hammered, let loose, and try to have **************, not sit around looking important by myself.

Regarding dress code in clubs, if i have to put on shoes other than maybe boat shoes, and a polo shirt, and jeans, im not going, flat out. The only times i have worn a suit in the club is when i worked late, and hit the club right after leaving the office, and i really feel like a douche everytime i do that.

Jaymanjones, my question to you is, you mentioned you got compliments on your suit at the club, but how many girls did you bring home, and were they heidi klum quality?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am embarrassed by this thread. Great entertainment though.

Also wondering what kind of $7000 shoes you have.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newcomer
I am embarrassed by this thread. Great entertainment though.

Also wondering what kind of $7000 shoes you have.

A new version of the shoe in your avatar would be close to $7K today.

jaymanjones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by detroiter
Jaymanjones, my question to you is, you mentioned you got compliments on your suit at the club, but how many girls did you bring home, and were they heidi klum quality?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads