• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another sunny south Florida day. Another camp collar shirt. Baird McNutt linen on top with Ralph Lauren linen on the bottom.

20240725_130650~2.jpg
20240725_130707~2.jpg
20240725_130809~2.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually quite like your suity fits but I have no idea what’s going on here.

Jacket looks very effeminate in its shortness and the high buttoning is crowding out your shirt collar. (Are you even wearing a shirt in some pics?) It looks like the kind of thing common in women’s fashions where they abandon convention as they’re always in search of something new for every season. Design by committee.

Let’s do a trucker jacket but different
How about double breasted?
Great idea keep em coming
Tweed instead of denim?
Hey we’re on a roll here!
What about an Ulster collar?
Give that man a cigar!

It also doesn’t appear to fit well (chevron creases across the chest) and the close fit doesn’t look good with the baggy strides. The general aim of menswear is to emphasize broad shoulders and chest with slim waist etc. this makes your top half look puny and not flattering at all.

Baggy flappy jeans like that are just not flattering. The rig would be markedly improved with more conventionally fitting jeans.

Those paraboot shoes are popular with some people on here but I confess I detest them. Chalk that down to personal opinion but everything above the ankles just looks like a mish mash of styles that doesn’t work for me.

Jacket looks very effeminate in its shortness and the high buttoning is crowding out your shirt collar. (Are you even wearing a shirt in some pics?) It looks like the kind of thing common in women’s fashions where they abandon convention as they’re always in search of something new for every season. Design by committee.

Tweed instead of denim?
Give that man a cigar!

It also doesn’t appear to fit well (chevron creases across the chest) and the close fit doesn’t look good with the baggy strides. The general aim of menswear is to emphasize broad shoulders and chest with slim waist etc. which even a standard trucker would do - this makes your top half look puny and not flattering at all.

Baggy flappy jeans like that are just not flattering. The rig would be markedly improved with more conventionally fitting jeans.

Those paraboot shoes are popular with some people on here but I confess I detest them. Chalk that down to personal opinion but everything above the ankles just looks like a mish mash of styles that doesn’t work for me.

Edit - sorry about the double post this site is becoming almost unusable these days with pages constantly crashing and pop up ads interfering. The experience is really just sh1t.

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tweed instead of denim?
Give that man a cigar!

It also doesn’t appear to fit well (chevron creases across the chest) and the close fit doesn’t look good with the baggy strides. The general aim of menswear is to emphasize broad shoulders and chest with slim waist etc. this makes your top half look puny and not flattering at all.

Tweed instead of denim?
Give that man a cigar!

It also doesn’t appear to fit well (chevron creases across the chest) and the close fit doesn’t look good with the baggy strides. The general aim of menswear is to emphasize broad shoulders and chest with slim waist etc. which even a standard trucker would do - this makes your top half look puny and not flattering at all.

Edit - sorry about the double post this site is becoming almost unusable these days with pages constantly crashing and pop up ads interfering. The experience is really just sh1t.
The top is by Scott Fraser Simpson who does a lot of short tops and wide fitting trousers which I like (for casual fits). We have different preferences.

Thanks for the criticism. My goal is to learn and adapt.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PPK, I like the baggy jeans and Paraboots, but I think a black top would be a better color pairing. I could probably also go with a colder, darker brown.

Corson

Reaction score
Thanks for the criticism. My goal is to learn and adapt.
+1 I think the experiment is going in the wrong direction. I don't mind the baggy jeans, but a different top should go with it (plenty to choose from - trucker / chore / field / painter jackets,) as for your torso/ legs proportions. I can't find any argument for that jacket.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this, but I think a cream dress trouser or chinos would look better than the denim. A very unpopular opinion, but I also like putting a crease in the middle of my denim. At the very least, I'd recommend ironing the side seams to get rid of the crease there. It appears to be flaring at the ankle because of the side seam crease created from storing them folded.

Featured Sponsor

"Movie Stills" Challenge: VOTE

• PSB

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Kaplan

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Calypso

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Lupin 3

Votes: 6 18.8%