• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC sales

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kabert
Wow, I checked out the Connecticut Ave FB today -- they are packed to the gills with great stuff. Incredible amount of Brioni, in particular, including some Brioni items not frequently seen in FB, such as belts, socks, overcoats (cashmere...), and raincoats -- in addition to all the usual sweaters, slacks, and shirts. Lots of Borrelli too. Also, racks from both Mitchell's and from Barney's. A D&G rack too, plus a bunch of Oxxford. Seriously, it was dangerous being there (to my credit card) -- some Brioni socks, Borrelli and Brioni belts, Loro Piana blazers, Borrelli slacks, and Brioni coats were just begging to bought.
+1 - just returned from there -- AMAZING!!! Those Borrelli and Brioni cashmere sweaters, leather jackets, suede jackets, dress shirts, etc. etc. were AMAZING!!! Tons and tons of great stuff... even two leather Brioni bags - one red.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
+1 - just returned from there -- AMAZING!!! Those Borrelli and Brioni cashmere sweaters, leather jackets, suede jackets, dress shirts, etc. etc. were AMAZING!!! Tons and tons of great stuff... even two leather Brioni bags - one red.

Jinda, can you tell us more about the bags? Attaches, weekend? And what sort of prices? One red and one...brown?

b

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Jinda, can you tell us more about the bags? Attaches, weekend? And what sort of prices? One red and one...brown? b
Sure! One red, one black... I liked the red one more... the leather was softer... it was cheaper too - maybe half as expensive - IIRC it was about $700 -- but the black one was about $1,200... Retail on the black was over $4,000... the red one was as bit smaller -- it had a compartment for a laptop -- kind of a soft-sided attache. Then the black one was larger -- more of a weekend bag -- and it had braces -- meaning, when you open it, you could extend the two braces so that it would stay open... I really like the red one!!!!! Go check them out and tell me what you think... upstairs right by the elevator... along with a bunch of Brioni neckties...

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Sure!

I liked the red one more... the leather was softer... it was cheaper too - maybe half as expensive - IIRC it was about $700 -- but the black one was about $1,200... Retail on the black was over $4,000...

Uff. Waaaaay beyond my budget for a bag. If I have a chance I'll stop by (though that doesn't look likely this week).

Thanks for the details.

b

mtmindc

Reaction score
Anybody here checked out the goods at Church's on L St NW? I noticed Sale signs in the windows when I had to pick up something at the Borders next door but didn't have time to go in and look. Just wondering if it's worth heading back to Farragut for a deal on shoes.

scot

Reaction score
NMLC in md has, well basically nothing. A bunch of poorly fitting brioni/NM sweaters (that I think are made for the outlet store) and two racks of bergdorf material. That would be fine, but honestly the stuff they have left is pretty pathetic.

Only things not pathetic are 2 oxxford suits (44r) 2 brioni (40r) and one kiton (40r). Out of those, the kiton is half off, bringing it in around 3k, the kiton is 2800 and the oxxford was around 2k.

Shoes? Nope, they had nothing, in any size. Unless you want pale blue tassle loafer driving moccasins by gucci.

Off fifth? Wow, the one down in va is much, much better.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are on FB's e-mail/mailing list, you should have received 20% off coupons recently.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scot
NMLC in md has, well basically nothing. A bunch of poorly fitting brioni/NM sweaters (that I think are made for the outlet store) and two racks of bergdorf material. That would be fine, but honestly the stuff they have left is pretty pathetic. Only things not pathetic are 2 oxxford suits (44r) 2 brioni (40r) and one kiton (40r). Out of those, the kiton is half off, bringing it in around 3k, the kiton is 2800 and the oxxford was around 2k. Shoes? Nope, they had nothing, in any size. Unless you want pale blue tassle loafer driving moccasins by gucci. Off fifth? Wow, the one down in va is much, much better.
NMLC. They had some nice Cuccinelli (sp) cashmere sweaters and cords. That place, however, has really gone downhill in the last year. Pretty much the same inventory as six months ago, further depleted, with the sole exception of the one Bergdorf rack. I did clear out the Pantherella OTCs at 20% off yesterday though.

Shiny

Reaction score
Was at the Filene's Basement in Metro center. The "Vault" part in the middle of the men's section was supposedly 50% off Filenes tag price. Had some Barney's NY winter coats (casual). Mostly black and some dk browns. Priced at $69 ($35 half price?). There was a Malo overcoat as well as a sport coat. The overcoat was navy and was priced at $699 ($350?). Didn't try it on as I was afraid I'd be tempted. Sorry, didn't get a size. Also, there was brown circular coffee table of Brioni ties, 2 for $100. They were all priced at $69. Not sure they'd sell you a single for $50, though.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SYMS in Rockville seems to have some good deals on suits (and probably other things) right now. Things are nearly 25% off. The more you spend, the bigger the discount. And that particular one has a pretty huge selection of low to mid range stuff. And they seem to have many sizes.

Nothing much in the Oxxford et al range, but lots of HSM, HF, and other even cheaper stuff. So if you're like me and don't have a huge budget but need to rotate suits often, you can pick up a Bill Blass three-piece wool/cashmere suit for $155 (down from $199). It's amazing that they sell 3-piece OTR and they fit me really well.

b

Shiny

Reaction score
The Lord & Taylor in Landmark Mall has almost everything 60% off. Most of the good stuff are summer/spring short sleeve shirts, RL polos, button down and the like. Apparently, all the other L&Ts are sending stuff there before it's clearanced to some resellers. Also, saw a sign that the other L&T that was doing this was in Lakeforest mall (didn't go there).

I picked up a Ralph Lauren sportcoat for $70. I know it's the lower level RL line, but it fits me great. I look like Alex P Keaton! You may want to check it out.

Edit: Forgot to add, I was able to use the 20% off coupon to get some additional savings on top of the 60% off.

YOgun27

Reaction score
The Saks Off Fifth Outlet in Arundel Mills mall had a pretty decent sale going on this past weekend. 50% off the lowest red sticker price. It may still be going on. They had some "To Boot New York" shoes for around $81. I got two good quality Valentino ties for $12/each, which was a great deal.

bobbers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shiny
The "Vault" part in the middle of the men's section was supposedly 50% off Filenes tag price.

Vault items at Filene's Basement are now 60% off, though pickings are a bit slim at the DC locations. The most interesting items I saw at Friendship Heights, there are some Borrelli bluchers down to $280 in brown (I assume) calfskin and also dark brown suede. Also some Malo suede boots for $40. At Metro Center, there's a tan Brioni 100% cashmere DB oeak lapel blazer down to $520, size 52.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This isn't a sale alert, per se, but I thought I would pass it on.

Nordstrom Rack in Gaithersberg/Rockville has some Zegna sports coats for about $320 (down from originally approx. 1600 then a bunch of discounts to $500 and now 35% off). This includes a 46R that was so beautiful and lovely that I almost bought it. I want someone else to buy it so I can enjoy it vicariously through them.

I spent the money on shoes later.

b

Invicta

Reaction score
W.M Fox & Co is having their semi-annual sale, discounts of 25-50%. They carry(among other things) Hilditch & Key shirts as well as Samuelsohn suits and separates, and Drake's ties. Also 10% off on MTM. I can't recommend this place highly enough, I get all my H&K shirts from Mr. Fox as well as having him do the alterations on my shirts.

Also, the SO and I hit the Leesburg Outlets yesterday and the Off 5th had a pretty solid selection of Hickey Freeman suits. Solid navy, navy pinstripe, charcoal pinstripe, and in the normally hard to find sizes (40r, 40s, 40l, 42r, 42s, 42l, 44s, 44r, 44l). They were $599+20% off and I think tomorrow they'll be 50% (don't quote me though). Polo outlet was a total bust, all green label crap, but the Burberry store was having a sale on outerwear, 40% of select wool coats, nabbed myself a 100% cashmere car coat for $349!

Good Hunting!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads