• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC sales

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
Nordstrom is gearing up for anniversary sale July 18th.

AE park ave, urbino, jackson, maxfield and weybridge all 33% off
Santoni jadwin, dakota, and dustin all 33% off
Ferragamo nebaldo and nicholas 33% off

Montgomery has a large selection of sizes and we are doing pre-select.

brittain

Reaction score
went by filene's basement (the one on connecticut) for the first time today. they had a decent selection of Oxxford, ($1100) Canali, and Zegna suits. nothing that caught my eye, but if you need a suit, its worth checking out.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brittain
went by filene's basement (the one on connecticut) for the first time today. they had a decent selection of Oxxford, ($1100) Canali, and Zegna suits. nothing that caught my eye, but if you need a suit, its worth checking out.

Yeah, they had an awesome oxxford in mohair,wool, and cashmere in my size. But $1100 is too much for me.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^They're renovating the Men's dept upstairs too. I was hoping that would mean some serious discounts, but the last time I was there, I didn't spot anything special.

b

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
^^They're renovating the Men's dept upstairs too. I was hoping that would mean some serious discounts, but the last time I was there, I didn't spot anything special.

b

In fact there seemed to be less up there than I ever recall. Sad.

DuncanM

Reaction score
I stopped by the Last Call outlet in the Arundel Mills mall. I was surprised to see some Brioni, Isaia and Corneliani laying around. The prices seemed around where they would have been at last call in the stores. Some nice furniture there too.

minhi

Reaction score
Sunglass PSA

A little late in the season but loehmann's have a new load of sunglasses. a few oliver peoples and mosley tribe as well as paul smith (by op i think). selection is limited and styles are old but they are one of the few places to find these discounted, prices are 80-100 for these.

they also have a decent selection of varvatos sunglasses (which i think are pretty nicely made) for $75.

i've seen these at a loehmanns in va and one in rockville.

scot

Reaction score
Anyone been to LC in MD recently or down to potomac mills? I went out to leesburg last weekend and nothing... some saks "hand made" shoes by an unknown vendor that looked decent, but nothing either fashionable or shockingly good or anything.

Shiny

Reaction score
The lord & Taylor in Fair oaks mall has a good rack of Lacoste short sleeve polos for $49. Both solids and striped ones. the striped ones have a higher MSRP (I think $89) than the solids. All tags said "designed in france, made in peru." I tried to use one of their coupons, but it would not work b/c it's an excluded brand.

These usually never go on sale and are a safer bet than going fleabay, which have a good chance of being counterfeit.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Church's cashmere and Borsalino wool ties at FB on Conn. for $50.

The Church's come in two different shades of blue as well as one or two other colors.

Look for the big rack of ties just as you walk towards the menswear on the first floor. Half way or so in the rack?

b

Happydayz

Reaction score
the Filene's on Connecticut had a lot of mainline Hickey Freeman suits on hand in a variety of sizes roughly 40R and up. Last time I was there in early August it was maybe 70% HF Ltd, but for whatever reason this time around it's 50-50

cvac

Reaction score
Be sure to check the paper sale tag on the sleeve and the manufacturer's tag inside the jacket pocket on the HF suits. Most of the suits are HF Ltd - Fused suits and not the fully canvassed mainline.

If there is no model name listed for the suit, i.e. Cantebury, Madison, then it is an HF ltd.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mother lode has hit Filene's Basement on Connecticut Avenue. There's a ton of Brioni, and two racks each of merchandise from Mitchell's, Maxwell, Barney's, Malo, and Dolce & Gabbana. Also one rack of Borrelli.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Mazza FB also has two big racks of Mitchell's stuff.

b

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads