• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC sales

bobbers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Which location had the belts and where in the store were they located? What styles?

The belts were at Friendship Heights in the regular belts section. Most of the regular belts are organized i.e. all Trafalgar together, all Polo Ralph Lauren together, and those two are on one rack with all the miscellaneous belts on it nearest the wall. They seemed to be your basic dress belt in brown and black. I saw those two belts last month so they should be 70% off. It is possible there are Borrelli belts in the latest shipment that won't be discounted mixed in there too.

Wicky

Reaction score
As far as Borrelli, they had a number of suede loafers that were not particularly attractive. These were around $400. They had some pretty sleek 3 or 4 eyelet brown derbies that were made by Sutor and retailed for about $2,000. These were marked down to $700. They were mostly in sizes 9 and up. They had a few other styles here and there. All prices were $400 plus.

Thanks. The Borrelli eyelet derbies made by Sutor (blue soled) were also on sale in the Borrelli shops (2 nowadays) in Rome. Price was EUR 200 (approx USD 260). If you like these, considering the price difference, I recommend calling the Borrelli shop in Rome and ask whether they will ship.

YOgun27

Reaction score
Starting Wed, Feb. 11th, Neiman Marcus Last Call (Arundel Mills location) is having yet another $150 off any suit sale. I saw a nice Oxxford suit, a Isaia Napoli, and a couple Zegna (mainline).

Also, this is an odd request, but I have a Buy One Get One 50% coupon for any item in the store, which can be combined with the $150 sale. Is there a DC member looking to buy ONE suit that would be willing to let me use the 50% on this Zegna suit that I have been eyeing for about a month, out of the goodness of your heart?? (Please PM me...worth the try!)

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which location had the belts and where in the store were they located? What styles?

Also saw some Borrelli belts at the Connecticut Avenue store, first floor, belt section. A very soft light brown alligator belt (large scales) for I think $125 (I might have been factoring in the 20% coupon I had with me) and some Borrelli ribbon/leather belts. Didn't get anything though - wanted a darker brown alligator belt - this one was too light in color, but VERY soft... "retail" was I think $450.

Oh and upstairs they had a KILLER Borrelli tuxedo - working button holes, the works... I think the price was close to $3,000, down from 7k. But it wasn't peak lapel so I passed. Still, killer.

Invicta

Reaction score
Sky Valet in Georgetown has some Vass shoes on sale for $390 + free shipping.

Both are black, one is a basic black captoe Oxford on the R last, the other is a Derby style wingtip on the Peter last. Only sizes 45.5 and 46 left but just thought I'd pass the word along.

Boss1982

Reaction score
Filene's basement in Rockville has received a lot of Armani and Dolce and Gabbana.
The sales associate at the store informed me that both of the DC FBs have a lot more of the same. Though there is no sale associated with them yet, at the FB full price as of right now.

Nordstrock rack in gaithersburg received some Burberry polos - 40$ each, the Burberry pants are on sale 35% off 80$ right now. There are a lot of Diesel t-shirts at that Rack, along with several Armani suits.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the RRL store in Georgetown is closing on the 21st, so there might be sale stuff to be found.

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Boss1982
Filene's basement in Rockville has received a lot of Armani and Dolce and Gabbana.
The sales associate at the store informed me that both of the DC FBs have a lot more of the same. Though there is no sale associated with them yet, at the FB full price as of right now.

Nordstrock rack in gaithersburg received some Burberry polos - 40$ each, the Burberry pants are on sale 35% off 80$ right now. There are a lot of Diesel t-shirts at that Rack, along with several Armani suits.

Are these the 3 button Armani Collezioni suits? Hell, I tried on one at the Potomac Mills Rack and they were horrendous. It was 1980s style with the heavy should padding and wide pants.

What's the cost for the DG? I went to FB in Rockville last week and was fortunate enough to try on some piss stained pants. The Armanis I asw last week was the gaudy club wear gear.

Do they have any new stuff for their %25 off sale?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ralph Lauren store in Tysons II has some RLPL tuxedo slippers with bow tie marked all the way down to $300+ in size 11 and a few other sizes.

Boss1982

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
Are these the 3 button Armani Collezioni suits? Hell, I tried on one at the Potomac Mills Rack and they were horrendous. It was 1980s style with the heavy should padding and wide pants.

What's the cost for the DG? I went to FB in Rockville last week and was fortunate enough to try on some piss stained pants. The Armanis I asw last week was the gaudy club wear gear.

Do they have any new stuff for their %25 off sale?

Yes, there are the 3 button jackets/blazers and 1 button blazers, not the full suit. They look fairly old style. All the sizes were quite large also. 'In the same rack there were classic style Burberry blazers as well.

I'm sorry about your repulsive piss stain experience, i'm going to be inspecting crotch for yellow stains from now : )

I haven't gone to FB since but all the vault clothing was at the FB regular price. I don't think I saw any D&G for men's, unless I missed it. There were a lot more Armani and D&G racks for women in rockville. I may get a chance to go to the FB in the mazza gallerie over the weekend.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen FB's new shipment of Louis of Boston and....that place in Seattle that I can't think of the name of?

Anything interesting?

Kappa Brandon

Reaction score
I was just in there and didnt see anything about the store closing?!? (RRL in georgetown) Are you sure?

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kappa Brandon
I was just in there and didnt see anything about the store closing?!? (RRL in georgetown) Are you sure?

That was the word on the street that I heard a few days ago, but I haven't tried to call them to confirm.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
I believe the RRL store in Georgetown is closing on the 21st, so there might be sale stuff to be found.
I have heard this as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads