• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jfclarky

Reaction score
Yes, especially in NYC.
IMG-4287.JPG

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow...love coming back and seeing some new Viberg makeups and other SF members make the trek into this thread...great looking boots folks. While I swore to kingdom come I would not give Viberg another dollar of my hard earned money for their Shell Boots after the whole Never Never Never Never doing stitch down crap....I caved and ordered the last round as they were stitch down in a shade I love. Still hate the blind eyelets and will have to change that....Out with the old and in with the new!

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow...love coming back and seeing some new Viberg makeups and other SF members make the trek into this thread...great looking boots folks. While I swore to kingdom come I would not give Viberg another dollar of my hard earned money for their Shell Boots after the whole Never Never Never Never doing stitch down crap....I caved and ordered the last round as they were stitch down in a shade I love. Still hate the blind eyelets and will have to change that....Out with the old and in with the new!

Nice I can’t wait to see some pics. The Armagnac looked a shade darker than other makers who have used that color. But I’ve noticed that Vibergs stock pictures seem to be darker than irl pics.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Nice! Yeah I think those would look excellent with some mini brass or antique brass eyelets.
While I prefer eyelets, I actually don’t mind the blind eyelet look on the couple pairs of mine that have it (amaretto and natural horse).
I did get brass eyelets added to my color 8 pair, and I think they look much better now.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are on the 2005. I dont have anything on the 2040; Ive got a pair of boondockers on 2045; the engineers feel roomier in the toebox with more space in for my instep as well.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great boots! How do they compare to your others in length? Are they all in the same size?

Thanks, they are one of the more unique pairs Ive seen, leather is impressive. In terms of length they seem similar to others, i have a couple of other engineers that are marked half size larger and by eye they all look almost the same, these are a good fit for me no heel slip but not tight. The other 2, one i have heel slip but its fine with thicker socks and the other is just too big. Compared to 2030 I think these are a little shorter but the 2030 has that more elongated toe, and is a little too narrow for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads