• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100%. Just 10 lbs for me is a noticeable change in foot volume.
Wait this is a thing?? Is it just like your width that changes? And how much change are we talking about?

No doubt...really sucks with shoes that you could live with being a bit long but fit ok width wise. Then when that width of your foot goes away those shoes will sometimes just not fit right...even with thicker socks.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you post a photo of the removable shearling footbed? I’d like to see how thick it is.
20181206_221926.jpg

20181206_221900.jpg

bjhofkin

Reaction score
Bumping the question below since it's probably gotten lost at this point – any input would be much appreciated!

New to this thread – please forgive me for asking a question that's almost for sure been answered earlier (although I hope you all can forgive me for not wanting to wade through…1500+ pages for the answer).

I'm a 9 or 9.5 in the 2030 (depending on sock weight) – but that's in unlined, non-shell leathers.

So, how do 1) shell and 2) lining affect sizing in the 2030 specifically?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping the question below since it's probably gotten lost at this point – any input would be much appreciated!

Shell typically is lasted more loose...lining...I would have to look but never have re-sized due to it.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@vettemike ok...so just took the boots off...forgot I had 2 different ones on...Shearling foot def warmer(same socks)..no doubt. Now that is just sitting at my desk with basically a concrete basement floor. I can not comment on walking around or actually getting heated up on a walk.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone jumping on the drop today - Asphalt Horse? I initially was all over it but wondering if I'm just excited because it's a captoe and not on the 2030..

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the boots and the weight loss! I had to sell some boots and shoes that got too big after some weight loss...eeeerrrrr sort of could use them back now...LOL

Wait this is a thing?? Is it just like your width that changes? And how much change are we talking about?

I'm glad to see someone else posted about this. I lost about 12lbs this year and I'm now a half size smaller on the brannock and starting to notice my favorite shoes no longer fit as well (they feel significantly bigger). It has made shopping for new shoes in the same brands and lasts much more difficult.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone jumping on the drop today - Asphalt Horse? I initially was all over it but wondering if I'm just excited because it's a captoe and not on the 2030..

Slightly tempted but not a boot I need. They look good though.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see someone else posted about this. I lost about 12lbs this year and I'm now a half size smaller on the brannock and starting to notice my favorite shoes no longer fit as well (they feel significantly bigger). It has made shopping for new shoes in the same brands and lasts much more difficult.

I knew there was a reason to stop exercising!

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what does it mean to have a semi-structured toe? i've noticed in a lot of viberg shots, the toe box has significant creasing whereas other boots / boot makers do not. are other boots / boot makers fully-structured toe?

anyone?

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
structured toe means there's a layer of material usually celastic that the toe forms around. Aesthetically, it lifts the toe and gives it a higher profile. Structurally the toe is also not prone to collapse over wear.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Natural Dublin releases from Division Road. They look pretty great and will definitely look better with a lot of wear. Disappointed though that they went with a partially structured toe for the 2030 make up, would have copped if it was.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads