• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone comment on what a good leather for a ****-kicker pair of 'bergs would be? Im talking city slush/salt. Not expecting my feet to stay completely dry, but I'd like the leather to not be ruined. Im thinking Chamois, Waxed Flesh, maybe Reverse Kudu and Chromepak if I can find any.

Chamois and reverse Kudu are likely too delicate if you want to keep their unique finish.

For toughness look to any of the real workboot leathers, like oil tan and roughout. Red dog is another standard work boot leather, but it takes forever to break in and the color's not for everyone.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that pair at the sale; I remember strongly considering it but I got a pair in Milkshake instead. Looks great on foot though; has an especially work-wear feel to me.

Anyone comment on what a good leather for a ****-kicker pair of 'bergs would be? Im talking city slush/salt. Not expecting my feet to stay completely dry, but I'd like the leather to not be ruined. Im thinking Chamois, Waxed Flesh, maybe Reverse Kudu and Chromepak if I can find any.

All pull up leathers can be made very water resistant with wax based treatment (i.e., Obenauf HDLP). Even roughout can be made to be virtually waterproof with a treatment. I've owned Mocha vintage which I treated with HDLP and my feet never got wet over the course of a winter season (New England). Same for mocha oil roughout, dry feet.

Clorc Kent

Reaction score
Hey! Never posted on this forum before but figured this might be the place to ask this. I bought a pair of Viberg Apsleys size 12(im a 13 in shoes/sneakers and 12 in boots before these) on grailed a little while ago, and as it turns out, i cant get my feet inside them. I managed to get one on after struggling for a bit. Once on they fit almost perfectly. The problem seems to be my foot shape (a combination of protruding heels and high feet). I've always had some problems getting boots on, hence my preference for low top shoes but never anything close to this. The thing stopping me getting them on is the seam on top http://i.imgur.com/XOKSCsk.jpg being too far back. Leading me to my question:
Is there any way to stretch these enough that they might be wearable for me or is that just a surefire way to ruin the boots and my feet? Really heartbreaking to have to sell them, but its looking pretty likely at this point.

Last edited:

Kevin K

Reaction score
Hey! Never posted on this forum before but figured this might be the place to ask this. I bought a pair of Viberg Apsleys size 12(im a 13 in shoes/sneakers and 12 in boots before these) on grailed a little while ago, and as it turns out, i cant get my feet inside them. I managed to get one on after struggling for a bit. Once on they fit almost perfectly. The problem seems to be my foot shape (a combination of protruding heels and high feet). I've always had some problems getting boots on, hence my preference for low top shoes but never anything close to this. The thing stopping me getting them on is the seam on top http://i.imgur.com/XOKSCsk.jpg being too far back. Leading me to my question:
Is there any way to stretch these enough that they might be wearable for me or is that just a surefire way to ruin the boots and my feet? Really heartbreaking to have to sell them, but its looking pretty likely at this point.
get a pair of shoe trees that are just a bit bigger than the boots and stuff it in if you want to stretch it just a bit. But not too much could cause damage. Thats my only suggestion

Graemsay

Reaction score
Quick question: How does the 2050 last fit?

I've heard it's a similar shape to the 2030, but was wondering if anyone could confirm.

sask boot

Reaction score
20170521_080451.jpg
20170521_080423.jpg
20170709_170532.jpg
20170709_170549.jpg
20170709_170626.jpg

I did it again Fok. Had to have some leather soles. With the 110 it balances it out very well. The commando was fine but I always prefer leather soles. Wish Viberg did more on leather soles. Some may like it and some wont.

AlanRS

Reaction score
Two questions on Viberg Slippers

(1) I wear a 2030 Service Boot in size 12 and am happy. I am 12.5 Brannock, a little on the wide side. I assume a 11 Viberg Slipper will be too small for me. I will wear socks with it. Am I right?

(2) Where can I buy a size 12 milkshake suede slipper (or similar color) now? Can't seem to find anything out there, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Thanks.

gte872h

Reaction score

I know what you mean about the seam on the heel since I have the waxed flesh Apsleys. As long as my laces are loose enough I don't have an issue and using the pull tabs helps. Have you tried using a thin shoe horn or something to get your heel past the seam? I know some use a plastic bag over their foot in order to slide into engineer boots initially. The plastic bag can be torn and pulled out once the boots are on.

View attachment 810354 View attachment 810355 View attachment 810356 View attachment 810357 View attachment 810358
I did it again Fok. Had to have some leather soles. With the 110 it balances it out very well. The commando was fine but I always prefer leather soles. Wish Viberg did more on leather soles. Some may like it and some wont.

Nice! Leather soles are the best in my opinion.

Two questions on Viberg Slippers

(1) I wear a 2030 Service Boot in size 12 and am happy. I am 12.5 Brannock, a little on the wide side. I assume a 11 Viberg Slipper will be too small for me. I will wear socks with it. Am I right?

(2) Where can I buy a size 12 milkshake suede slipper (or similar color) now? Can't seem to find anything out there, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Thanks.

Freemans Sporting in NYC had the milkshake slippers for their recent pop up shop. They may still have them and if not they should be back at Viberg. Just reach out to them. I have the slippers in my same 2030 size since I have a high instep.

kingk

Reaction score
Viberg.com will have milkshake slipper releasing on Friday June 14

I know what you mean about the seam on the heel since I have the waxed flesh Apsleys. As long as my laces are loose enough I don't have an issue and using the pull tabs helps. Have you tried using a thin shoe horn or something to get your heel past the seam? I know some use a plastic bag over their foot in order to slide into engineer boots initially. The plastic bag can be torn and pulled out once the boots are on.

Nice! Leather soles are the best in my opinion.

Freemans Sporting in NYC had the milkshake slippers for their recent pop up shop. They may still have them and if not they should be back at Viberg. Just reach out to them. I have the slippers in my same 2030 size since I have a high instep.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads