• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vettemike

Reaction score

I am awaiting information on the crust CXL before committing. It is not necessarily the color I was looking for, but I will wait before concluding. By the way, I would be fine with a perforated cap toe.

I think the crust CXL will have natural variations in color but should darken nicely with age.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost gave up on my Mocha Oil Tan Garages but I realized it's a hard as nails leather(plus it's awesome on the 110)... It is a dark brown leather but seems like a very hardy work boot leather that would not be easily damaged. I have the Brown waxed flesh but, while close, it doesn't seem as tough as the Mocha Oil Tan.

No black waxed flesh going on I guess? A Scout boot on the 110 with commando with a black edged midsole would be pretty rad. Silver eyelets?

vettemike

Reaction score

I think crust CXL is very close to icy mocha CXL and will develop great patina. Or you could darken it significantly with Obenauf's

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, what is the width of the 310 last?

One of the good things about the 310 is that it comes in both D and E widths, the only Viberg last to do so I believe. The D really feels like a D to me, that is not too wide not too narrow. I am planning on getting an E for a bit more room.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think crust CXL is very close to icy mocha CXL and will develop great patina. Or you could darken it significantly with Obenauf's

I agree the crust is nice think it will age very nicely.
I interpret crust CXL as what people think Natural CXL actually is i.e. "Natural CXL" is actually a color as much as brown and black and crust is the totally undyed unfinished leather in it's "natural" state so to speak. I think out of all the CXL choices Ive seen it would be the most unique/interesting.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the good things about the 310 is that it comes in both D and E widths, the only Viberg last to do so I believe. The D really feels like a D to me, that is not too wide not too narrow. I am planning on getting an E for a bit more room.
Unfortunately, the way that these GMTOs are structured, we will not be able to do multiple widths for a specific last, I think. I will ask about an exception, but please proceed as I've just said.

Broark

Reaction score
Not sure I can get with the 310 last myself.
I have big feet and I fear they'll be too clown shoe looking for my liking.
Wish this workboot was going to be on a different last.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I have those 3Sixteen rough outs and got them on the second order they did. I would think they will do it again...I have to say I do wish they were done with the lighter stitching like the traditional Boondocker however that is a tiny gripe...Rancourt does a stacked sole on a model or two of their shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads