• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

billymax

Reaction score
Is the 145 Oxford extinct? Meaning they can't make it or that they just do not ?
Since the derby came out about a year or so ago, I haven't seen a 145 oxford from VB. They made most of them on the 110. It seems as though the derby on the 1035 or 2030 has replaced the 145 oxford. The SF half japanese was the last oxford 110 I've seen. I just found a pair of aged bark 110 oxfords on ripple soles at the Van Afferden website last week. Not sure where those came from. I was surprised and nabbed a pair right away. Other than that, I don't expect to see them in the future, or much of anything on the 110.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since the derby came out about a year or so ago, I haven't seen a 145 oxford from VB.   They made most of them on the 110.  It seems as though the derby on the 1035 or 2030 has replaced the 145 oxford.     The SF half japanese was the last oxford 110 I've seen.    I just found a pair of aged bark 110 oxfords on ripple soles at the Van Afferden website last week.  Not sure where those came from.   I was surprised and nabbed a pair right away.    Other than that, I don't expect to see them in the future, or much of anything on the 110.   

Thanks billymax for the heads up on the 145. My size isn't available. I would be interested in a 145 in the future.

Just a note to the 310 guys here. It looks all the boots or most are 310 on van afferden website. Best way to find the vibergs is via search feature

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks billymax for the heads up on the 145. My size isn't available. I would be interested in a 145 in the future.

Just a note to the 310 guys here. It looks all the boots or most are 310 on van afferden website. Best way to find the vibergs is via search feature
Yeah, they have some cool styles on 310 but their prices, less so. And no VAT refund for those of us on the non-eu front.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those boots are over 1000 usd. They don't have half sizes. There's no confirmation they will ship to the US.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since the derby came out about a year or so ago, I haven't seen a 145 oxford from VB. They made most of them on the 110. It seems as though the derby on the 1035 or 2030 has replaced the 145 oxford. The SF half japanese was the last oxford 110 I've seen. I just found a pair of aged bark 110 oxfords on ripple soles at the Van Afferden website last week. Not sure where those came from. I was surprised and nabbed a pair right away. Other than that, I don't expect to see them in the future, or much of anything on the 110.
Lucky we had so many 110's last round.

Besides your short shift, perhaps there is a desire for a black waxed Scout? boot on the 110. Or the 1035...Or how would a 145 oxford with black waxed flesh look. Both with commando's and black midsoles.

What does the other side of roughout look like. I'm guessing smooth like chamois?

Last edited:

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those boots are over 1000 usd. They don't have half sizes. There's no confirmation they will ship to the US.
I've spoken to them before. They will ship but they are a true B&M store with limited interest in dealing with the internet shopping of things i.e. shipping at true cost, and no effort to fill to out a VAT form, so they will be close to $1100 and potential customs fees. I like the 310 but .........

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've spoken to them before.  They will ship but they are a true B&M store with limited interest in dealing with the internet shopping of things i.e. shipping at true cost, and no effort to fill to out a VAT form, so they will be close to $1100 and potential customs fees.  I like the 310 but .........

I'm with you. It's cool to know they would ship to the US thou.

dekalog

Reaction score

vintage mocha looks better than the version on .com

much better:

they don't take Paypal, only bank transfer

billymax

Reaction score

Lucky we had so many 110's last round.

Besides your short shift, perhaps there is a desire for a black waxed Scout? boot on the 110. Or the 1035...Or how would a 145 oxford with black waxed flesh look. Both with commando's and black midsoles.

What does the other side of roughout look like. I'm guessing smooth like chamois?

oh hell yeah to all of those! black waxed oxford on a 110 - now i'm going to obsess on that one. i know that Van Afferden was expensive, but i just love the 110 oxford so much and they just aren't available, so I paid up, but it was approx $1000 total.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh hell yeah to all of those! black waxed oxford on a 110 - now i'm going to obsess on that one. i know that Van Afferden was expensive, but i just love the 110 oxford so much and they just aren't available, so I paid up, but it was approx $1000 total.

Oh cool! Let's see if that black waxed oxford can gain steam. I've got enough Cats Paw/Vibram(half Japanese, route 10 and Garage) so the Commando would be awesome.

A lot of folks who missed out on the 110 half Japanese oxfords might like this design.

With a black midsole it would be sinister looking. With age and wear they'd look so awesome. Let's call it the Sinister Oxford.

But, a Black waxed Scout boot on commando on the 110(or 1035 if that's what it took to get made) with black midsole would be pretty kick ass too. Let's call it the Spymaster boot.

The money you spent on the cool oxfords will be long forgotten by the joy of wearing them.

Last edited:

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there for any 2045 guys

2045 Nail down/Stitchdown Scout Boot

leather options
1. All Vintage Mocha
2. All Natural Bison
3. 2 Tone - mocha on the quarter panel, bison on vamp/heel

antique brass eyelets
natural welt
vibram half sole and heel

(open to the mini ripple sole if anyone else is)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads