• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oynag

Reaction score

Speaking of Mr.P... I'm also curious if anyone has experience shopping with this vendor. Thanks!

Mr. Porter is bulletproof. One of the best all-around retailers. I've bought Viberg from them once before I knew my size. In fact, that's how I learned my size. Unfortunately I'm a 10.5 so I'm out of luck there but I've bought an embarrassing amount of things from them. Easy returns.

Codysch123

Reaction score

Mr. Porter is bulletproof. One of the best all-around retailers. I've bought Viberg from them once before I knew my size. In fact, that's how I learned my size. Unfortunately I'm a 10.5 so I'm out of luck there but I've bought an embarrassing amount of things from them. Easy returns.

Thanks very much! Now just to determine what that leather is.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aside from the buckle, they look like uggs. 

Disagree - I really dont know how you reach that conclusion particularly since they dont even have a sole attached in the photo unless you just mean the color.  I dont own any Uggs although Ive seen them in the street and Aged Bark is different.

Yea big mistake on the structured toe!

I think the "partially" structured toe ensures they avoid any possibility of the above.

i have thought the same about the engineers in the past due to the sharp incline of where the top of the vamp rises to the front shaft. I get for a slip on this is a must...hell i have even compared the engineers in a shinier leather to those rubber rain boots....

Now that being said I am getting a pair of the Hoppers so clearly my opinion has changed over time.

Last edited:

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have thought the same about the engineers in the past due to the sharp incline of where the top of the vamp rises to the front shaft. I get for a slip on this is a must...hell i have even compared the engineers in a shinier leather to those rubber rain boots....

Now that being said I am getting a pair of the Hoppers so clearly my opinion has changed over time.
Definitely opinions change, myself included. I wasnt always a huge fan of Engineers but over time I actually prefer them over many other styles of boots, but that is just personal preference, I had a similar reaction to the 310. I would rather have 310s and Engineers over any 2030 service boot. I just dont see an Engineer boot resembling an Ugg other than the fact that they both are "pull on" style. At the sample sale, I did see a light tan suede pull on with those white Vibram soles and unstructured toe, those definitely had an Ugg vibe to them but even still that is a stretch.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2030 GYW it is hahaha
cheers.gif

In other news the Hopper's look to be above expectations on Instagram, glad I didnt bail on the leather change. They seem to have Aged Bark coming out of the demon hole but it sure looks nice on these.
After the Hopper,. I'd like to do a chelsea in a light colored roughout or in something like natural CXL, if allowed. I think that for a sidezip, a flat welt, or maybe a norwegian or split welt, makes the most sense.

I'm going to see if Viberg would allow me to do a preorder starting at our Trunk Show. I'd lobby for 2-3 makeups. Not sure, other than that, what should be on the drawing board. I was thinking one more rugged boot in a stitchdown, and another in something a bit more in line with their more "city" boots. Maybe even another derby. Thoughts, gentlemen?

Cheers,

Fok.

Aviv

Reaction score

After the Hopper,. I'd like to do a chelsea in a light colored roughout or in something like natural CXL, if allowed.  I think that for a sidezip, a flat welt, or maybe a norwegian or split welt, makes the most sense.  

I'm going to see if Viberg would allow me to do a preorder starting at our Trunk Show.  I'd lobby for 2-3 makeups.  Not sure, other than that, what should be on the drawing board.  I was thinking one more rugged boot in a stitchdown, and another in something a bit more in line with their more "city" boots.  Maybe even another derby.  Thoughts, gentlemen?

Cheers,

Fok.

The side zip would be amazing but why not do a grain side leather, some type of horse?

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After the Hopper,. I'd like to do a chelsea in a light colored roughout or in something like natural CXL, if allowed. I think that for a sidezip, a flat welt, or maybe a norwegian or split welt, makes the most sense.

I'm going to see if Viberg would allow me to do a preorder starting at our Trunk Show. I'd lobby for 2-3 makeups. Not sure, other than that, what should be on the drawing board. I was thinking one more rugged boot in a stitchdown, and another in something a bit more in line with their more "city" boots. Maybe even another derby. Thoughts, gentlemen?

Cheers,

Fok.
Natural CXL on the Chelsea style could be cool. I will be very interested to see some "real life" pics from some of those recent Mr. Porter purchases, Im still on the fence whether I like the Viberg version of it. I think camel would go really well on the Chelsea boot, I know Viberg has only used black in the past on some service boots but I bet it would cool in some other colors as well. I saw and felt the Camel at the sample sale, really liked it think it would be perfect for this style. Of course, all of that is dependent on what they allow.

I also really liked the goatskin side sidezip prototype they put up on instagram as well as that milkshake suede (I really like the way the toe looks in that pic) although I think I would personally prefer a darker shade.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

After the Hopper,. I'd like to do a chelsea in a light colored roughout or in something like natural CXL, if allowed.  I think that for a sidezip, a flat welt, or maybe a norwegian or split welt, makes the most sense.  

I'm going to see if Viberg would allow me to do a preorder starting at our Trunk Show.  I'd lobby for 2-3 makeups.  Not sure, other than that, what should be on the drawing board.  I was thinking one more rugged boot in a stitchdown, and another in something a bit more in line with their more "city" boots.  Maybe even another derby.  Thoughts, gentlemen?

Cheers,

Fok.

Now that they're doing side-zips, any thoughts on doing a version of the Echo boot (or whatever the white sneaker-ish boot that @Synthese came up with was called) with a zipper? The lack thereof was what held me back on the original pre-order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads