• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aviv

Reaction score
Wore these pretty hard for a few days then decided to clean them up. Came out pretty well. 14oz Natural Shell. (Sorry about the gross carpet.)

(before and after)

Stitch down just looks so much ******* better. Seeing this right below the newer natty shell really confirms for me that my foray into GYW was doomed to disappoint. I'm not talking durability, just purely aesthetics.

zr0e

Reaction score
Thanks. They're great looking boots. I got lucky to get any of the stitchdown shell that I have, hope you get some soon.

limonade

Reaction score
Happy unboxing today with these Natty, they are a bit too clean to wear. Need to add some creases like those behind
1f604.png

Woah...are these from the most recent Natural Shell run last month?? Seems like such a quick turnaround...
And are those Mahogony in the background...? Look a touch lighter than pairs Ive seen previously. Maybe just lighten up with some wear.

Teeka

Reaction score

Woah...are these from the most recent Natural Shell run last month?? Seems like such a quick turnaround...
And are those Mahogony in the background...? Look a touch lighter than pairs Ive seen previously. Maybe just lighten up with some wear.

Yes natty are sample of recent run and luckily they are my size
1f62c.png
I think Mahogany pairs are now a bit darker compare to when they arrived..from this photo look lighter maybe just brushing and add some wax.

Raneleigh

Reaction score
After months of debating, I decided to pull the trigger on the 110 service boots in mocha vintage from Notre. I wasn't sold on the leather or the welt, but the price was too good to pass up. All I can say is damn...I'm glad I got these!

They are super comfortable and extremely rugged. Very heavy, solid, built like a tank - maybe more so than all my other Vibergs. I'm not a huge fan of storm welts, but I like this antique flat welt A LOT! The leather is very unusual - thick and rigid, nice grain and texture. None of the photos I've seen do justice. This is about as close to a true work boot as I think you can get. It's funny...whereas I have a tendency to baby all my other Vibergs, I really just want to beat the hell out of these! They are just going to get better and better with age! I want to add that Notre's service is excellent.

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After months of debating, I decided to pull the trigger on the 110 service boots in mocha vintage from Notre. I wasn't sold on the leather or the welt, but the price was too good to pass up. All I can say is damn...I'm glad I got these!

They are super comfortable and extremely rugged. Very heavy, solid, built like a tank - maybe more so than all my other Vibergs. I'm not a huge fan of storm welts, but I like this antique flat welt A LOT! The leather is very unusual - thick and rigid, nice grain and texture. None of the photos I've seen do justice. This is about as close to a true work boot as I think you can get. It's funny...whereas I have a tendency to baby all my other Vibergs, I really just want to beat the hell out of these! They are just going to get better and better with age! I want to add that Notre's service is excellent.
Nice.

I've got 6 pairs of Vibergs and they are all freaking tanks. I could overrun Tiananman Square with them.

How can these be more "tanky" than the Garage or Fat Wax boot?

You got a fever?

Raneleigh

Reaction score
Nice.

I've got 6 pairs of Vibergs and they are all freaking tanks. I could overrun Tiananman Square with them.

How can these be more "tanky" than the Garage or Fat Wax boot?

You got a fever?

Almost inconceivable, but they are. It has to be the leather - just feels thicker, heavier. That combined with the commando sole = tank.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took these reverse Kudu "orphans" out for a ride today. Since the Fat Waxed came to town, my once favorite boot has been idle.
But they are as svelte as they come. The 1035 fits me perfectly. Gotta wear them more.

My garage, half Japanese and Route 10's see NO action. Maybe I should sell one. I don't know.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have the mocha rough out service boots? Instagram page mentioned a restock this Friday. Was curious how the rough out ages, and if it'd be a good all weather(relatively) boot? 2040 sizing same as 2030?

od1017

Reaction score
Did anyone buy the beige kangaroo boots? Would love to see some real life photos and get a review!

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@limonade Thank you! I'm still on the fence, but may pull the trigger as I just recently sold some other boots and need a good all purpose tough boot. The stitch down is also a huge plus.

Broark

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of 2045 Boondockers from Viberg, can't wait to get them! These will be my first pair of Viberg boots and I'm really looking forward to wearing them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads