• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holding up well in the ice

westie187

Reaction score

westie187

Reaction score
I would defer to Guy Ferguson at Viberg: [email protected]
He helped me tremendously with all my sizing issues.
Your best bet is to get your size on the Brannock device, as well as your Alden Trubalance size.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nut brown vibergs a few months in. Just gave em their first treatment, hence the shine -- before that they were quite waxy/matte finish. Pleased with the progress.

Last edited:

Turey22

Reaction score
I have a question...

Im trying to purchase a pair of Viberg online. They only sizes they have are whole sizes. Should I go up a size or down a size? Site says down but I just want to verify with the people that have experience. I know you guys told me TTS which I am a 10.5 and 10 in other boots.

Thank you

skeptical jesus

Reaction score
I have a question...

Im trying to purchase a pair of Viberg online. They only sizes they have are whole sizes. Should I go up a size or down a size? Site says down but I just want to verify with the people that have experience. I know you guys told me TTS which I am a 10.5 and 10 in other boots.

Thank you
Short answer: size up. You can always wear heavy socks or slightly looser boots. You can't wear boots that are too small at all.

Long answer: it depends. If you give reference point on what you wear in other common lasts, as well as which viberg last you're looking at, that would be very helpful. The only viberg I own is 2030, and I recommend sizing down a half from TTS, but for some people it's a whole size. It just depends on what you usually do. Taking the same size as your Alden Barrie or TruB is pretty safe though.

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question...

Thank you
How wide are your feet? I am no sizing expert but I just bought and received a pair of boots from Viberg. I'm an 11.5 brannock with narrow feet. The boot I bought was on a 1035 last, which is basically a 2030 last with a more rounded toe. Guy recommended I go down one full size to a 10.5 and I did and the boots fit great. He also advised me to stay with the same size on all lasts and to accept the fact that some lasts might not work for me, perhaps due to my narrow feet... There are many folks here who have been successful sizing up or sizing down only 1/2 size depending on the last. Might depend on the foot width......Since you are buying a Viberg boot, I would think that Guy at Viberg would be happy to try and help you out...Best of luck!

Last edited:

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a question...

Thank you 

I'm pretty sure you'll be fine in a 10, but why not email Viberg to make sure? I think the consensus, with rare exceptions, is to size down .5 from Brannock. Possibly 1 full size if you have short toes and narrow feet.:)

I've found that Viberg fit like most work boots (Chippewa, RW etc). They're a little big to account for heavy socks, arch supports, "high-volume workingman's feet that swell by the end of a hard day" etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads