• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. Thats much more reasonable than my other quotes. If I lived in Sydney I’d drop off thirty pairs tomorrow. I’ll reach out to you soon.
Sorry, I'm not Kieran. Was just providing a recommendation for someone who could potentially do the work

Samir

Reaction score
Hey @Samir - I got ping’d on this and had to think about this a bit to remember (this is an old post!), but yes - I still have these and really like them.

I wear a lot of Viberg boots, and the standard width 2030‘s fit me best of all. Always 10.5, or 1 down from US runners. The slippers in 2030 are the same. I never wear mine without thin socks, but I would be able to size a half down if I did want to go barefoot all the time. For occasional barefoot use, my regular 10.5 would be fine too. The shape and design allows for some leeway.

hope that help!

I’m a tight fit on the 2030s in 10uk. I just got the 9.5s on 2030s in the slippers. They are super tight on me - if the leather on the slippers was hard these would be a hard no and I’d recommend sticking to your typical 2030 size, but these are kangaroo leather (super soft, almost stretchy) so I am optimistic they will stretch out in a way that’s custom fit for slippers.
thanks for the feedback! much appreciated.

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
guys — sorry for the noobish question: how does one buy viberg shells? Is there a list to join or something?

sononchalant

Reaction score
guys — sorry for the noobish question: how does one buy viberg shells? Is there a list to join or something?
Typically they will do a pre-order but randomly they’ll have a small batch already made in a small range of sizes. Usually there’s a post on their instagram before stuff goes live on their site.

Or if you’re lucky you can find secondhand pairs on the usual resell sites or in the BST thread here

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Salvia Sego Horsebutt.
NGThgzZESmi10QJfao3IJg.jpg

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first Boondocker:

View attachment 2124453

Haven't purchased a pair of Vibergs in some time, and decided to go up a half size. I'm thrilled with the fit and the make-up (from WF).
I am so jealous, because I was trying to resist and then they sold out in my size haha. Beautful!

Avid Runner

Reaction score
Very nice 🙌 what’s the Horween cypress tannage like? Dublin?
I don't have experience with Dublin and am unable to compare the two. However, based on my limited experience with the Cypress tannage, I would describe it as having a fairly tight grain with significant variability in color; some areas are lighter or darker than the medium brown overall color. The leather has pull-up characteristics, somewhat similar to CXL, and a satin finish. I find the base color, the variations and the subtle shine to be highly appealing, and adding to the versatility of the boots.

Finally, while the leather appears quite thick, it is soft and supple to the touch and comfortable on foot. I think the leather will be relatively easy to break in. I should add that the double leather soles are the reason I ultimately purchased this pair. I enjoy Dainite's Ridgeway sole, but the chunky leather sole is highly complementary to the design. I'm excited about this pair and look forward to wearing them regularly.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads