• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vermilyea Pelle

Shalomp

Reaction score
Another great video! :)

Just like u, i too prefer a flap over the zipper as a lot of times i find myself not bothering to zip up which is why i went with the vermilyea pelle field bag instead of the brief case!

The brass hardware is also another feature i look out for cos its tough and ages well.

A video comparison of Filson 257 and Vermilyea Pelle bag for you guys.

masayako

Reaction score
Another great video! :)

Just like u, i too prefer a flap over the zipper as a lot of times i find myself not bothering to zip up which is why i went with the vermilyea pelle field bag instead of the brief case!

The brass hardware is also another feature i look out for cos its tough and ages well.

Yup, completely agree. Hardware-wise, I prefer brass over silver. Brass matches well with brown leather in my eyes.

Shalomp

Reaction score
looks wise, i am leaning more towards the Heavy Olive Waxed Canvas/Brown Chromexcel.

my field bag is made from the same heavy 24 / 37 oz canvas and i love how hearty it feels. breaking in would probably take longer as it is much thicker but if you're like me and u enjoy the breaking in process, this canvas is the way to go

for the leather, i prefer chromexcel to dublin. it feels more oily and waxy which makes it more supple to the touch than dublin.

if u decide on the Brown Nut Dublin/ Ranger Tan Waxed Canvas, u might first want to check with Dustin if there is the option of having the handles rolled like in the last photo or just having it flat like in the other photos :)

masayako

Reaction score
Very good points, thanks @Shalomp

If only the heavy canvas was in Ranger Tan, it would've been a no-brainer for me..

Standard Briefcase in Heavy Olive Waxed Canvas/Brown Chromexcel (with standard handle). I don't have a bag in such deep color so I personally like this for a change. Also, I like the standard handle more. It looks more utilitarian and masculine to my eyes. Hope it helps.

mykoh

Reaction score
Standard handle is my preference as well!
I'd assume they'd feel like the handles on the 257, which are very comfy for me.

Alright, the heavy canvas is going to be my first VP. Hopefully not the last!

iDoc

Reaction score
Picked up the standard briefcase in Ranger Tan Waxed Canvas. Went with Brown Nut Dublin leather over Brown Chromexcel because I wanted something different than my current Filson briefcase. The Brown Nut Dublin is stitched, lighter in color, and appears to have more character/variation. If you're looking for more of the Filson look, Brown Chromexcel fits the bill.

Also, 1.5" rolled handles are an option with the Brown Nut Dublin leather on the ordering page for an additional $15. Went with the standard handles myself as I agree that it's a more rugged look.

Shalomp

Reaction score
sweet pick up!

how does it stack up against the filson in your opinion? :)

Picked up the standard briefcase in Ranger Tan Waxed Canvas. Went with Brown Nut Dublin leather over Brown Chromexcel because I wanted something different than my current Filson briefcase. The Brown Nut Dublin is stitched, lighter in color, and appears to have more character/variation. If you're looking for more of the Filson look, Brown Chromexcel fits the bill.

Also, 1.5" rolled handles are an option with the Brown Nut Dublin leather on the ordering page for an additional $15. Went with the standard handles myself as I agree that it's a more rugged look.

iDoc

Reaction score
sweet pick up!

how does it stack up against the filson in your opinion? :)

Both great products. Both built to last. I like that VP is more under the radar and has multiple options for both the fabric and leather.

Shalomp

Reaction score
For those of you who are interested in diving deeper into the DNA of your Vermilyea Pelle bag, below is the link to Halley Stevensons website. A manufacturer of waxed cotton and other quality fabrics from Scotland that Vermilyea Pelle uses in some of their products :)

http://www.waxedcotton.com/

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member