• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Urban Fitness Boot Camp

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My colleagues are trying to convince me to join them for a 6 a.m. fitness boot camp that meets in various parks in the area. The group has about 20 faithful regulars including bankers, lawyers, teachers, students, and doctors. My friends claim that this is the best workout they've ever experienced. Hard, but fun.

Have any Forum readers participated in a boot camp? Care to share your thoughts and experiences?

Yaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
My colleagues are trying to convince me to join them for a 6 a.m. fitness boot camp that meets in various parks in the area. The group has about 20 faithful regulars including bankers, lawyers, teachers, students, and doctors. My friends claim that this is the best workout they've ever experienced. Hard, but fun.

Have any Forum readers participated in a boot camp? Care to share your thoughts and experiences?

My wife's cousin is a personal trainer and attends these regulary. She confirms its a tough but invigorating session, and the regulars are among the most fit people she knows. I have done a boot camp-like class at a local gym, where we jump rope, do plyometrics, cone drills, sprints, and abs. It's a great workout, and a fun alternative to traditional cardio.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
All I know is that some guys get really into it. Usually types who have pretty boring jobs and who tend to be seen as pussies. It's kind of a role-playing thing, they get all down in the mud and into it. Good for them, anyway, at least they're working hard.

adversity04

Reaction score
I haven't personally been to one put out by the people who do them, but I know Crossfit affilliates put them on and my Krav Maga place is starting them up. I would highly suggest trying one out.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
If thats what your into. Most of the people who do it are the yuppie work in a cubicle type of people. I personaly don't have time for such a thing and my job is physically challenging enough to where I don't need to go to a gym to get muscle.

Opcn

Reaction score
It sounds like a good way to make your self smell really bad before work.

adversity04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Opcn
It sounds like a good way to make your self smell really bad before work.

I take it you don't like to shower after working out?
stirpot.gif

Opcn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adversity04
I take it you don't like to shower after working out?
stirpot.gif

Not particularly, but anyone big or anyone with a metabolism like mine will work out, shower, and still be sweeting like a pig after the shower.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads