• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unwanted sliding of belt

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
But then you would have to attach them to all your belts... I have three-four belts.

I think most people have more trousers than belts ... Putting (sticking) those strips on the belts means you can wear them with *any* trouser and not have to worry about this ever agian.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
I think most people have more trousers than belts ... Putting (sticking) those strips on the belts means you can wear them with *any* trouser and not have to worry about this ever agian.
That's a great suggestion.
smile.gif
It also allows you to go sans belt (assuming the pants fit well) and you won't have the rubber strips showing.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC
I've had the exact same problem with some velvet trousers that are part of a suit. It must have something to do with the nap as mentioned by Checkerboard 13. It doesn't matter how tight the belt is.

+1

It happens with both velvet trousers and cords for me. Fact of life. Don't let it worry you too much.

I guess the only solution would be if your trousers have a little loop for the belt prong.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
In my case, I've only had this problem on one pair of pants... out of 7-8 pairs (not counting jeans which never seem to have this issue).

Now, let's applaud the fact that there are no less than three solutions suggested in this thread:

- Adding a loop to the pants with the sliding issue
- Adding rubber to the pants with the sliding issue
- Adding rubber to the belts

Tarlee

Reaction score
Apologies in advance but I can't resist:

the buckle ends up by the first loop on the right side (when looking down on my waist).
I'm pretty sure your right side remains your right side no matter which way you're looking at it. What side is it on if you're looking up from your crotch?

eh.gif

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarlee
Apologies in advance but I can't resist:

I'm pretty sure your right side remains your right side no matter which way you're looking at it. What side is it on if you're looking up from your crotch?

eh.gif

No need for apologies, my use of words was obviously more extensive than necessary. That's a common issue for me.
facepalm.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wow.
I've been mulling my own sliding belt dilemma since I pulled the corduroys out of their summer hibernation. (Why didn't I think of coming home to StyleForum for an answer?)

Although I'm dying to know WHY the belt moves; why it moves only to my left; and why it occurs only when I wear corduroys?

BTW: Happy Thanksgiving, gents. Nice to see the forum is operating without me.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wow.
I've been mulling my own sliding belt dilemma since I pulled the corduroys out of their summer hibernation. (Why didn't I think of coming home to StyleForum for an answer?)

Although I'm dying to know WHY the belt moves; why it moves only to my left; and why it occurs only when I wear corduroys?

BTW: Happy Thanksgiving, gents. Nice to see the forum is operating without me.

I have the exact same issue so I'm resurrecting this thread in hope to find an answer to why this happens.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads