• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The J

Reaction score
Does anyone own/worked with a jacket in the Fox FS625 A2573/55 cloth? Just wondering what the true colour is, is it more to chestnut-ish brown or is it more to a muted brown, if that makes sense?

Pictures from Fox's website vs the swatch I had a look at. IMG_6858.JPG Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 12.03.33 am.png

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Not so much a cloth question, but any suggestions for buttons with this dark blue linen windowpane? I''m having it made up as a Neapolitan style 3r2 jacket.

Solbiati.png

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Not so much a cloth question, but any suggestions for buttons with this dark blue linen windowpane? I''m having it made up as a Neapolitan style 3r2 jacket.

View attachment 922354
I'd do a tan brown horn or caruzo button. Im not a fan of MOP, but itd be fine as well - my issue with MOP is dry cleaners take them off & charge me.

The J

Reaction score
@UrbanComposition Thank you.

Open to recommendations, am currently looking for a cloth to be made up for autumn/winter here in Australia. It doesn't get very cold and I'd rather layer up as temperature normally shoots up in the afternoon. I'm looking for anything from 280-350g max. Glen plaid/POW in brown, but preferably not the greyer side of brown. Would like something like the Fox above.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

View attachment 922354

If you go neapolitan do as the neapolitans do: Blue corozo.

Only metal buttons if you do a blazer, otherweise, corozo in the same (or slightly darker) colours.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@UrbanComposition Thank you.

Open to recommendations, am currently looking for a cloth to be made up for autumn/winter here in Australia. It doesn't get very cold and I'd rather layer up as temperature normally shoots up in the afternoon. I'm looking for anything from 280-350g max. Glen plaid/POW in brown, but preferably not the greyer side of brown. Would like something like the Fox above.

Agree with UrbanComposition's recommendation for 12oz Minnis flannel if you're looking for a suit. Would also recommend the PoW cloths in the Worsted Alsport books from Gladson (also at 12ozs) and the flannel checks in the Huddersfield Cloth flannel collection (I like the one here: http://www.huddersfieldcloth.com/Product/FC4705). A bit bolder than the Fox because of the overcheck, but might be worth a look.

GucciKid

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a fabric for a pair of summer trousers in cream?

Looking for something that will hang well, but ideally wears reasonably cool. Would prefer 100% wool.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads