• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score

Is there a category within that works better or worse?

I've got two suits from the book: One, a solid navy, is fantastic, drapes well, resists wrinkling, wears cool; The other, a blue glen plaid, feels unforgiving, drapes poorly, and wrinkles terribly. I'm not knowledgeable enough to draw conclusions about which other fabrics in the book would be good and which would be bad.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have someone any idea of what is the difference between these two hopsacks from Cacciopoli? Both are the darkest shade of blue of the summer jacketing bunch. If you happen to know who weaves them and the approximate price I would appreciate the insight.

Still thinking about which hopsacks would be the best option for a SB and a DB blazers to be made soon.

Thanks in advance!

Tony Montana

Reaction score
Have someone any idea of what is the difference between these two hopsacks from Cacciopoli? Both are the darkest shade of blue of the summer jacketing bunch. If you happen to know who weaves them and the approximate price I would appreciate the insight.

Still thinking about which hopsacks would be the best option for a SB and a DB blazers to be made soon.

Thanks in advance!

I have the 360180 and I like it as a quarter-lined SB jacket but it could be a bit too casual for a DB, imo. Prices depend on where you buy it and where you are based but it's rather good value for money (around 50€ incl. VAT, on average, maybe...). It's actually the "classic" VBC hopsack.

The 360153 I remember I didn't like looking through the book – can't remember why, it might have just been that it wasn't as suitable for the casual summer jacket I had in mind (too fine, too shiny, possibly). I believe it cost almost twice as much as the 360180, though, too.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the 360180 and I like it as a quarter-lined SB jacket but it could be a bit too casual for a DB, imo. Prices depend on where you buy it and where you are based but it's rather good value for money (around 50€ incl. VAT, on average, maybe...). It's actually the "classic" VBC hopsack.

The 360153 I remember I didn't like looking through the book – can't remember why, it might have just been that it wasn't as suitable for the casual summer jacket I had in mind (too fine, too shiny, possibly). I believe it cost almost twice as much as the 360180, though, too.

Thank you very much for the answer. The price is very good, nice option for a first piece to be made with a new tailor.

Stugotes

Reaction score
Did anyone ever have anything made in Minnis 0769? Interested to see what it looks like as a jacket.

Thanks!

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did anyone ever have anything made in Minnis 0769? Interested to see what it looks like as a jacket. Thanks!
I really like that - hadn't seen it before

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you very much for the answer. The price is very good, nice option for a first piece to be made with a new tailor.

I have a high blue blazer made from that same bunch. I love their cloths and highly recommend that book. I have a gunclub from that book too.
Both wear extremely light and I had them made unlined.

Chrjs

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a suit made out of 300/330g Fox Flannel (MWF5 A0012/55 (Merino Wool, Worsted Yarn)). I wear the suit once a week and want it to last at least 4 years. Should I order a second pair of trousers or is the fabric durable enough to still look good after that time?

Last edited:

malabar

Reaction score
Does anyone know of swatch books that are comparable to the HS1529 Target Gaberdines but around 11oz, solid colors?

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello everyone, I have a suit made out of 300/330g Fox Flannel ([COLOR=3B3B3B]MWF5 A0012/55 (Merino Wool, Worsted Yarn)[/COLOR]). I wear the suit once a week and want it to last at least 4 years. Should I order a second pair of trousers or is the fabric durable enough to still look good after that time?

Yes, you should. Do it soonest so that you can get the cloth from the same roll for identical match.

member2000r

Reaction score

Yes, you should. Do it soonest so that you can get the cloth from the same roll for identical match.
TBH, I don't think the fading would be identical if you wear the only jacket more frequent than the two pants. I will give up the trousers once they are wore and match the jacket with other odd pants

Last edited:

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TBH, I don't think the fading would be identical if you wear the only jacket more frequent than the two pants. I will give up the trousers once they are wore and match the jacket with other odd pants

Should be fine as long as the pants and jacket are cleaned at the same time. If one is cleaned more often than the other, a small shade difference will occur but hardly anything to sweat over.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads