• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a suit made from the heavier brother (9426) - I can recommend it too!

English & Town Classic is also very trust worthy, if you like a minor quasi-flannel finish.
I just can't believe how expensive is Dugdale fabrics now.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
add911_11 - glad you like the fabric! How warm would you say it wears? Is it wearable in NY Summers expect for the hottest days when you just want to wear a tee-shirt?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

add911_11 - glad you like the fabric! How warm would you say it wears? Is it wearable in NY Summers expect for the hottest days when you just want to wear a tee-shirt?

I am a person who does not run hot.

For Royal Classic, It can easily be a suit for October to the End of easter), add an overcoat for the cold and windy days in Hong Kong (November to December)

For English Town Classic, it is a solid mid autumn to winter suiting in Hong Kong.

For reference, it is sunny and windy in the typical English Spring weather, still I am wearing mid weight flannel (13-14oz) suiting.

For your question, I guess as long as the weather is under 25 degrees C and not overly humid, I can wear a 12-13 oz all wool worsted or hopsack. Once past that, such as the Hong Kong summer at 30 degrees and humid, I can only wear fresco under the air conditioner.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NEW LIGHTWEIGHT FRESCO TYPE CLOTH AT LL ALERT!!!

For purely selfish reasons combined with the fact that I'm a good guy, I am alerting you all to the new Piuma fabric over at London Lounge. It's basically like the 12/13oz Brisa, but 10/11oz. Could be the Ulimate Summer Fabric. It only took Michael two years to develop it from tests so I imagine it should be pretty damn nice. Orders can be placed now for light gray and navy blue. I'm doing both. Hopefully it'll close ASAP so a suit can be made by the end of Summer!

Here's what Michael has to say about it: "The PIUMA is a very tightly woven 10-11 ozs 4 ply travel cloth that does not feel like a travel cloth. It has a rich full hand as compared to its competitors. And it has the same draping qualities and the extreme wrinkle resistance of its kin, the Brisa and Mistral. It is a remarkable combination of strengths. And we will be able to make in in a large variety of colors and patterns. It is the 10-11 ozs I have always hoped for."

That is all.

Last edited:

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ I was under the impression that the Piuma was more like 11 oz?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Correct! It's 10-11oz. Will edit my post and add Michael's thoughts on it.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Correct! It's 10-11oz. Will edit my post and add Michael's thoughts on it.

Cool.

Slew - did you order the original Brisa? I'm a bit curious to how that performed, as I remain sceptical of the supposed superiority (justifying the much higher price) of Piuma to Fresco / Finmeresco.

Last edited:

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one suit made of Brisa and I really like it. The feel is more spongy than Fresco or Fimmeresco. This allows more give and comfort it seems. Fresco is super dy and crisp and Fimmeresco seems more like a traditional worsted. If the Piuma is just a lighter version of Brisa I'll be very happy.

Last edited:

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks. I may take another look at Piuma then.

Slickman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The piuma RAF POW seems to be much more blue than the brisa, I like the more grey shade of the brisa

Piuma
8695681458_4c0a19a6c8_z.jpg

Brisa
7755927202_f3e1ebb476_z.jpg

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ Alden mentioned that both pics are off, and the two fabrics are very similar.

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting stuff this Piuma.

Not sure that the Finnmeresco feels like a traditional worsted though. At least the 4 ply 11-12 oz doesn't feel quite like that to me. Open weave, definitely not as coarse as Fresco, but it strikes me as being dissimilar from trad worsteds.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads