• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simon A

Reaction score
I really like this indigo blue linen from Maison Hellard for a summer blazer. However, I just don’t the courage to go with a 100% linen cloth for workhorse summer blazer. Does anyone have recommendations for a similar color in a WSL or WL blend?
Photos are in natural light
View attachment 1782282 View attachment 1782283
100% linen in a suitable weight and finish makes a great workhorse summer blazer, I wouldn't rule it out at all. Your linen looks pretty good to me.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really like this indigo blue linen from Maison Hellard for a summer blazer. However, I just don’t the courage to go with a 100% linen cloth for workhorse summer blazer. Does anyone have recommendations for a similar color in a WSL or WL blend?

I think a pure linen blazer will look more natural than a WSL blazer. WSL commonly has flecks and mottling from the way the different fibers take up color, and it might look a little odd with metal buttons.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have a look at some Solbiati heavyweight linens that will perform better than lightweight options. Pure linen all the way! Or go with a wool mesh with or without mohair if you want sometime that creases less.

Mr.Fayad&Co

Reaction score
Loro Piana also has this shade of green velvet.

The green velvet from Brisbane & Moss is also quite nice.
F17D7A15-27AD-45AA-BCE6-EAEBB23FE79C.jpeg

Noirkw

Reaction score

Schofield and Smith might have an indigo WSLM line, Book 104

Haven't seen WL books much other than Drago or Dormeuil. Dormeuil's Calypso range has a navy, but probably not the shade you are looking for

potter AB

Reaction score

This 50%wool/50% linen from Drapers' Portofino bunch might be an option. The screen doesn't show that the fabric does have some texture as it is natté, a basket weave with interwoven yarns.

Last edited:

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This 50%wool/50% linen from Drapers' Portofino bunch might be an option. The screen doesn't show that the fabric does have some texture as it is natté, a basket weave with interwoven yarns.

damn I just ordered samples from Drapers yesterday.😂😂😂
Imperfect timing! 😂😂😂😂

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That reminds me of Marling & Evans 50/50 wool linen blend at the same weight. In fact, it looks almost identical in weave and weight.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That reminds me of Marling & Evans 50/50 wool linen blend at the same weight. In fact, it looks almost identical in weave and weight.

probably is the same.Or it wouldn’t surprise me. Vbc/drapers makes the hollland and Sherry classic mohair bunch

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably is the same.Or it wouldn’t surprise me. Vbc/drapers makes the hollland and Sherry classic mohair bunch

I think it might be the other way round, M&E supplying Drapers in this case. Prices from M&E are a lot more competitive compared to Drapers.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Has anyone here had anything made from Mersolair's mohair-linen? The fabrics seem interesting for summer, but I wonder if they drape well at this weight (280 grams) and if people use them for daytime or night. I typically only wear mohair in the evening. Is there a good reason why someone would go for a mohair-linen blend instead of wool-mohair?

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here had anything made from Mersolair's mohair-linen? The fabrics seem interesting for summer, but I wonder if they drape well at this weight (280 grams) and if people use them for daytime or night. I typically only wear mohair in the evening. Is there a good reason why someone would go for a mohair-linen blend instead of wool-mohair?

I've used it many years ago for a jacket. Creases quite a bit but it is not shiny. Wears very cool.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I

If you want something that looks like fine italian linen with the drape of Irish linen the mersolair is the way to go

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads