• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are as many explanation on why Floyd didn't want the fight to happen either but you neglect to post that, didn't you?
You want to know why. Because the man requesting information specifically asked how did manny **** up.

You have a long winded response begging me to explain where Floyd fucked up, despite ianGP not requesting it. Your post is fueled by a need to retaliate, which suggests a heavy emotional involvement towards manny.

Then you mention how manny was robbed but conveniently make no mention of the major robbery he pulled over Marquez.

Your actions lead me to believe you're just as biased despite proclaiming otherwise. Only difference is unlike me, you struggle to stomach being biased. Being perceived as neutral is of importance to you. To me it has little value.

Ter put it clearly and that post up there doesn't feel biased at all.
It seems your perception of me is heavily coloring your thoughts. Ter's post was harsher than mines.

If you read it closely, he puts down manny's opposition in recent years. Fighters are primarily valued based off who they beat and their skills.

Something tells me if I analyzed manny's recent opposition like ter did, you would be crying and not praising me.
Look I clearly said Floyd will dance around Pac and it should be an easy win unless it gets stolen from him by the judges so obviously I am far from a Pac-stan. I am clearly picking Floyd to win and easily at that but I am not putting down Pac or Floyd and just trying to stay neutral unlike you obviously.
If sounding biased is the price of accuracy, it's a price I'm willing to pay.

Excess neutrality can result in horribly inaccurate predictions. Some of the best boxing analyst appear terribly biased. Then after the fight happens people shut up in awe at how accurate they are.

If I think someone will win, I'll say it straight to your face. I don't dilute my predictions by sugar coating it for the sake of a neutral appearance. **** that

And the media has clearly shown Pac in a negative light too from being too damn religious to being a bad congressman to his problems with the taxman in the Philippines. You cant blame them though if they also show him in a good light because he is a nice and humble guy while Floyd is the exact opposite who beats on women and even shows the women around him doing weed a week before a fight and even though he didn't take a hit, why even bother with it? Floyd relinquishes in being the villain and that is how he makes him money, people pay to see him lose and really that is great strategy and I applaud him for that but again you can't even be mad at the media if dude wants to project that. Though I don't support it when he goes to far like throwing another mans countries flag and such. But that is exactly how Floyd is and you can tell because dude is all nice and very businessman-like in post-fight interviews unlike Broner who is just a genuine dick even after he has won.
Yes, small time media outlets that only a handful of guys read.

Larger media platforms stay sucking that foo off. It only puts **** into equilibrium when outspoken Floyd fans voice up. You're so accustomed to people taking it easy on manny that it angers you when someone is harsh, even if what they're stating is accurate.

Obviously, we are not privy to see how these guys act 24/7 behind closed doors but based on Floyd's criminal charges alone, he seems like a genuine dick to me. I understand his bad guy persona is a business strategy. I'm also sure neither ter nor tycoon condone his countless criminal convictions (hopefully) and focus solely on his boxing. I guess it's just easier for some people to disassociate an athlete's personal life from his in-ring talent.
If we took morality into consideration when it comes to supporting boxers, we'd limited to a selection that EXCLUDES THE VERY BEST.

Sugar Ray Robinson, GREATEST BOXER OF ALL TIME = Beat his wife so hard she suffered at least one miscarriage

Muhammad Ali, the athlete who gets his *********** by 99% of the population = Smacked his wife or gf because she wouldn't wear what he told her to

Floyd = you're already familiar with him breaking the law

Sugar Ray Leonard = also beat his wife

Manny Pacquiao = had a child out of wedlock with a prostitute while he was married. Denies all responsibility and is a deadbeat father to the kid

Joe Louis, considered an American hero = Beat his woman for disobeying him

etc

Give me a list of your top 10 favorite fighters, and there's bound to be at least one 'bad person'.

If you want my opinion, I prefer the guys who openly break the 'rules'. Simply put a Floyd Mayweather, Mike Tyson, Jack Johnson, etc is more honest about who they are.

Some people prefer a sugar coated lie and can stomach guys like manny, Sugar Ray Leonard, Oscar de La Hoya, etc. Personally, that's not for me.

so you're angry at manny or the media? or both?
I dislike guys who put on a saint act when they have a fair share of dirt themselves. That's hypocritical and fake. It's like the priest who portrays himself to be a righteous ol holy one despite secretly jerking little boys off.

Obviously it angers me that manny shied away from fighting Floyd until now when he's in dire need of a huge payday due to tax issues. Floyd also fucked up in the past when he went on vacation, but he has fought the better opposition in recent years.

I'm indifferent towards how horrible these guys might be as people. It's not like I know them personally and deal with em on a day to day basis.

As for the media, I understand why they blow manny and encourage casual fans to do so also. People love an underdog story. Personally, being perceived as an underdog in alone by itself doesn't garner my sympathy. No man chooses to have disadvantaged circumstances.

The media is strange. Politicians are known for misleading people by telling them what they want to hear. Somehow, manny is exempt from this and viewed as a completely honest guy.

Last but not least HBO was full of **** and tried to fool the public into believing that manny didn't get his ass kicked by Marquez the 3rd time around.

That's all for today. I want to minimize the long posts

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ain't nobody mad :lol: you just make the thread unreadable once the subject becomes Manny vs Floyd while staying civil for the most part on other matter relating to boxing that made the thread fun in the beginning.

edit: i'll actually omit the rest of the post and just leave this one here

I can go on deeper and dissect that post further but I'll just quote this one:

I dislike guys who put on a saint act when they have a fair share of dirt themselves. That's hypocritical and fake. It's like the priest who portrays himself to be a righteous ol holy one despite secretly jerking little boys off.

Obviously it angers me that manny shied away from fighting Floyd until now when he's in dire need of a huge payday due to tax issues. Floyd also fucked up in the past when he went on vacation, but he has fought the better opposition in recent years.

I'm indifferent towards how horrible these guys might be as people. It's not like I know them personally and deal with em on a day to day basis.

As for the media, I understand why they blow manny and encourage casual fans to do so also. People love an underdog story. Personally, being perceived as an underdog in alone by itself doesn't garner my sympathy. No man chooses to have disadvantaged circumstances.

The media is strange. Politicians are known for misleading people by telling them what they want to hear. Somehow, manny is exempt from this and viewed as a completely honest guy.

Last but not least HBO was full of **** and tried to fool the public into believing that manny didn't get his ass kicked by Marquez the 3rd time around.

See that last several sentence you posted are clear and concise and insightful and not biased at all. You are capable of just simply posting like that so why not keep it up instead of just bashing a particular individual every chance you get? And believe me, I will be on you the same way if the coin was flipped and you were defending Manny and bashing Floyd. I've done it in the NBA thread, Comic Book Movie thread, Watch Thread, etc...

That last quote is exactly what this thread needs and could benefit from and actually bring people to come and enjoy talking about boxing without feeling like they are just going to get dumped on when they say something good about Manny or bad about Floyd.

Last edited:

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ain't nobody mad :lol: you just make the thread unreadable once the subject becomes Manny vs Floyd while staying civil for the most part on other matter relating to boxing that made the thread fun in the beginning.

edit: i'll actually omit the rest of the post and just leave this one here

I can go on deeper and dissect that post further but I'll just quote this one:
See that last several sentence you posted are clear and concise and insightful and not biased at all. You are capable of just simply posting like that so why not keep it up instead of just bashing a particular individual every chance you get? And believe me, I will be on you the same way if the coin was flipped and you were defending Manny and bashing Floyd. I've done it in the NBA thread, Comic Book Movie thread, Watch Thread, etc...

That last quote is exactly what this thread needs and could benefit from and actually bring people to come and enjoy talking about boxing without feeling like they are just going to get dumped on when they say something good about Manny or bad about Floyd.
Thank you for taking the time to be clarified about my stance.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning on going to the fight? I've booked that weekend and budgeted a few grand for tickets. I have a feeling I'll end up watching on closed circuit because they'll be out of my price range,

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone planning on going to the fight? I've booked that weekend and budgeted a few grand for tickets. I have a feeling I'll end up watching on closed circuit because they'll be out of my price range,

I plan on being in Vegas.
Tickets will be near IMPOSSIBLE to get for the average joe unless you get lucky. I also plan to enjoy the atmosphere and watch it somewhere not crazy so that I can really take it in. Afterwards, I can go out and enjoy Vegas.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I plan on being in Vegas.
Tickets will be near IMPOSSIBLE to get for the average joe unless you get lucky.

I've seen rumors that only 1000 ticks are being made available to the general public, but that doesn't jibe with the "no comps for celebs or whales" talk coming from Arum. Right now there is no official release date or pricing info, although there are reports that face value will be 1000-5000 seats in the stands, with floor seats going for 100k, and 250k ringside.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've seen rumors that only 1000 ticks are being made available to the general public, but that doesn't jibe with the "no comps for celebs or whales" talk coming from Arum. Right now there is no official release date or pricing info, although there are reports that face value will be 1000-5000 seats in the stands, with floor seats going for 100k, and 250k ringside.

Yep. I saw some of that also.

The thing is that I have been to fights at MSG and Atlantic City before. I usually had pretty good seats(Trinidad vs Mayorga were $700/each at MSG and we had very good seats on the floor.) I don't know if I want to be up high to watch a fight...even one as monumental as this one.

I would rather watch it somewhere and then head out and hang out. I figure the fight will be over by 10pm Vegas time so loads of time to take in the atmosphere.

But it will also depend on what my 2 friends want to do....

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ianGP

Reaction score
anyone got a credit card with concierge service to try and get it through them?

I have an AMEX plat for personal and business as well as JP Morgan's concierge services... I'll probably shoot them an e-mail this weekend for an inquiry.

Just from forum-talks about tickets, they might actually have to go through brokers.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

anyone got a credit card with concierge service to try and get it through them?

[COLOR=FF00AA]I have an AMEX plat for personal[/COLOR] and business as well as JP Morgan's concierge services... I'll probably shoot them an e-mail this weekend for an inquiry.

Just from forum-talks about tickets, they might actually have to go through brokers.

Same here.
But like I said, I want GOOD seats for a fight of this magnitude. But I will def reach out.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

REAL knockout artist Keith Thurman vs Robert Guerrero tonight

I want Floyd to fight Keith and Kell Brook after whooping pacquiao azz

Kinda hope Guerrero has enough left in his tank to give OneTime a fight.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance