• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on Elevator Shoes - For Top Tier Consulting

barracudapartne

Reaction score
I'm going into one of the major consulting companies, and because I'm relatively short, would like to be at parity height levels with clients. I'm 5'9"

This company makes "luxury" elevator shoes.

http://www.donsfootwear.com

T
houghts?

The only major concern would be the need to take them off at the airpor

imanewbie

Reaction score
you dont need them just be CONFIDENT with CHARISMA and you should be ok. All shoes have a or shoudl have a standard 1inch heel so you got one inch already.

Plus all men lie about their height they always add up to 2inch without shoes. I hear guys say they are 6ft without shoes and I see them in face to face they are 5'10" or so.

Last edited:

barracudapartne

Reaction score
I know that I do not "need" these - but there are studies after studies that show advantages to being tall - it's all about perception - better leadership abilities, etc.

I would still present myself the same way with or without these - but why not take the slight advantage?

Cons outweigh the pros?

etl

Reaction score
i've used .5" lifts for special events. nice little confidence boost, so to speak. plus you don't have to buys special shoes.

i don't know what kind of shape you're in but if you started doing yoga you'd probably appear to be at least .5-1" taller because your posture would rock. i find yoga people really hard to ignore no matter their height because they just seem so "on".

or, you know, buy a $20k watch.

barracudapartne

Reaction score
i've used .5" lifts for special events. nice little confidence boost, so to speak. plus you don't have to buys special shoes.
i don't know what kind of shape you're in but if you started doing yoga you'd probably appear to be at least .5-1" taller because your posture would rock. i find yoga people really hard to ignore no matter their height because they just seem so "on".
or, you know, buy a $20k watch.
Where'd you buy your 1/2" shoe lifts from?

MOCKBA

Reaction score
Just my thoughts, but do not get these shoes. I am a fairly tall man at 6' 3" and work with consultants quite a bit. At work, as in daily life, height is not a factor I judge on; intelligence and articulation are. In fact, I would look down on a shorter than average man only if he was self-conscious of it and did something like buy elevator shoes. Exude confidence (not to be confused with cockiness) and just be good at consulting - I have met smart consultants of every stature I would look forward to working with again.

Last edited:

Monaco

Reaction score
5'9 is a good height...most dress shoes will give you a decent inch so I think you're ok.

imanewbie

Reaction score
Just my thoughts, but do not get these shoes. I am a fairly tall man at 6' 3" and work with consultants quite a bit. At work, as in daily life, height is not a factor I judge on; intelligence and articulation are. In fact, I would look down on a shorter than average man only if he was self-conscious of it and did something like buy elevator shoes. Exude confidence (not to be confused with cockiness) and just be good at consulting - I have met smart consultants of every stature I would look forward to working with again.
i agree.....I see the OP point also though he is thinking longer term all leaders such as presidents and CEOs are tall on average 6ft plus he is looking at CEO right now vs consultant. hahhahahaha

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chose your height, ideal for all top tier and high level consulting.

...no one will ever look down on you again.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics