• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10154206_592571687576266_8881970251265481563_n.jpg

Wanna guess what this girl's views on abortion are?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've eaten everything in that picture except the apes and the cat

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some relative posted that they were upset that someone reported their photo to facebook for containing graphic violence

They reposted it in the comments and it turns out it was this Benghazi/anti-Hillary meme that has been going around. You'd recognize it if you have seen it...it shows a gruesome photo of someone being tortured and claims it is the ambassador being burned and raped because of Hillary.

Except...it isn't the ambassador at all, or even a photo of the middle-east.

I normally try and stay out of commenting on ridiculous **** that people I don't really know post...but I felt compelled to state that it was fake post a link to an article describing how completely wrong and fake it is (I even picked an article that was like "I hate hillary and think she sucks, but this is just not right" with hopes she might actually read it).

We'll see how she responds. I'm split between her deleting my comment, defriending me, or deleting all posts about it and pretending she never posted it.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, facebook decided to let her keep the photo. To be honest, I'm not really sure why.

That's a pretty disgusting thing to scroll through in your news feed. If you can't have some boobies in your feed, why can you have the torture, ****, and murder of some guy on there free and clear? I'd rather see the boobies.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah, she went with the unexpected response option..."the photo is fake, but the events are not." And did not remove the posts.

How Machiavellian.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Speaking of disgusting things to scroll through, a guy I know wife suffered a hairline fracture on her foot and he keep posting photos of it. Feet in general are not pleasant things to look so I am not sure why anyone would think others would want to see close ups of a bruised one on their newsfeed. :plain:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like to post injuries on facebook.

Feel free to check at your own risk, but I am pretty sure one of the <15 profile photos I have had in the past decade is a photo of my bleeding knee.

Although actually...I dunno. With now the newsfeed works now, maybe I wouldn't post that so prominently anymore.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Speaking of disgusting things to scroll through, a guy I know wife suffered a hairline fracture on her foot and he keep posting photos of it. Feet in general are not pleasant things to look so I am not sure why anyone would think others would want to see close ups of a bruised one on their newsfeed. :plain:

I have noticed that chubby middle aged women love, love, LOVE to take POV shots of their cankles. They also invariably have garish nail polish on their piggy feet.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like to post injuries on facebook.

Feel free to check at your own risk, but I am pretty sure one of the <15 profile photos I have had in the past decade is a photo of my bleeding knee.

Although actually...I dunno. With now the newsfeed works now, maybe I wouldn't post that so prominently anymore.

Fortunately, she hasn't posted pictures (yet), but this one big girl who's always getting over one ailment or another, has been posting about this seriously infected wound on her leg where she was hit by a softball many months ago. Talk of having to repack her wound every few hours, and IV antibiotics.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Fortunately, she hasn't posted pictures (yet), but this one big girl who's always getting over one ailment or another, has been posting about this seriously infected wound on her leg where she was hit by a softball many months ago. Talk of having to repack her wound every few hours, and IV antibiotics.

Fat people get the worse wounds. Larry could no doubt add more to the conversation but the things I've seen. Big belly incisions left to heal by "secondary intention" where they sew up the muscle and fascia but leave the lard open. More reasons not to get morbidly obese.

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Also, facebook decided to let her keep the photo. To be honest, I'm not really sure why.

That's a pretty disgusting thing to scroll through in your news feed. If you can't have some boobies in your feed, why can you have the torture, ****, and murder of some guy on there free and clear? I'd rather see the boobies.

Boobies for you, mang

. I got your back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads