• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update on that story:
I went back the other day to show my girlfriend that string of events. All of the posts are gone. The completely fake tortured corpse is gone, the simply factually inaccurate but otherwise tame memes are gone...the discussion of it being reported is gone and her insistence that removing it would defy her free speech and she would never give in is gone.

I wonder what set her straight. She's got a military husband..I'm not sure any political activity rules cross over to spouses, but either way it is pretty unbecoming to have your wife posting a bunch of completely inaccurate crap on a public page also contains photos of you in uniform.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
To anyone who has caused one of those stupid math problem things that test whether people understand order of operations to pop up in my feed: may you spend eternity teaching second grade math to bad children who died young.

Last edited:

Godot

Reaction score
After about 150 posts on this subject, I realized that I was wasting about an hour a day on Facebook and canceled my account. Quitting Facebook was really liberating. No more pointless arguments with people I don't know, no feeling guilty about not responding to somebody's statements, no more automatic "likes". It's wonderful and I can't recommend it highly enough:).

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After about 150 posts on this subject, I realized that I was wasting about an hour a day on Facebook and canceled my account. Quitting Facebook was really liberating. No more pointless arguments with people I don't know, no feeling guilty about not responding to somebody's statements, no more automatic "likes". It's wonderful and I can't recommend it highly enough:).

But we are all waiting on you.

brokencycle

Reaction score
To anyone who has caused one of those stupid math problem things that test whether people understand order of operations to pop up in my feed: may you spend eternity teaching second grade math to bad children who died young.

I don't know what is more embarassing, people who post them or people who answer wrong. LinkedIn is especially bad about that. Like who replies to a LinkedIn problem like "2+1*4-8*0' with "0."

Don't forget about the problems like:

If *** = 3 and &&& = 6 ^^^=?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why would you use excess parentheses when order of operations correctly solves the problem?

I feel like overuse of parentheses in programming and math is often a sign of someone who doesn't really know what they are doing.

Although, I'll admit that I often throw in extra parens when debugging a program...but programming language order of operations can vary, and isn't something taught to second graders.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
why would you try to solve math problems on Linkedin? as far as i can tell, the purpose of Linkedin is for potential employers to stalk and find reasons not to hire you.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

why would you try to solve math problems on Linkedin? as far as i can tell, the purpose of Linkedin is for potential employers to stalk and find reasons not to hire you.

That's not fair. It's also for random vendor sales reps to stalk and cold-call you.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's also recruiters looking to pull resumes to fill their quota, usually for jobs that have nothing to do with your actual skills.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, I know people who work for LinkedIn...

There is at least one business segment that is profitable and successful (although I have no idea which segment that is and what service they provide).

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still get calls and emails from recruiters from the field my degree is in. I'm not qualified to work in that field at all anymore and changed careers 10 years ago. They're going off my resume from my senior year of undergrad.

Non-sequitur, but I randomly remembered my all-time favorite professor quote, by a Hungarian calculus professor (back in the days when I was smart). Word-for-word:

"If I touch myself disgustingly, it's not because I like it."

Last edited:

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This guy is on my friends list (he likes a lot of my statuses.) He ended up getting a phone call from Tom Green that commenced with Tom Green singing, "Daddy do you want some sausages?"

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ma...g-freddy-got-fingered-vhs-from-2002/177186020

CONCORD, N.C. —
A Concord man was arrested for failing to return a 2002 VHS rental movie, “Freddy Got Fingered.”

James Meyers showed Channel 9 the arrest warrant Wednesday. It shows Meyers is charged with failure to return rental property, a misdemeanor. The video store is no longer in operation but was a family owned business in Kannapolis at the time.

(Pictured: James Meyers)

Meyers said he was driving his daughter to school on Concord Parkway Tuesday morning when a Concord police officer pulled him over for a tail-light that was out.

Meyers said the officer ran his license and approximately 25 minutes later asked him to step out of the vehicle.

“The officer said, 'I don’t know how to tell you this but there’s a warrant out for your arrest from 2002. Apparently you rented the movie "Freddy Got Fingered" and never returned it.' I thought he was joking,” said Meyers.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members