• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But water melts ice, so hotter water will melt it faster. Boom! Argue with that, Mr. Wizard!

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My favorite with people not used to snow are the ones that get stuck, for some reason crank the steering wheel completely to the left or right, then can't figure out why no matter what they stay stuck.

Ha, I believe we recently brought this up. But yes, everytime I see this Im like :facepalm:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not trying to be churly here or whatever the technical word is but I find whenever the "don't de-ice your wincheel with boiling water" partisans state their case, they always give a bias account of the science basically just one side of the story. Facthematter is that if you pour boiling water on to your iced up wincheel you won't have ice on your wincheel no more.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I had to stop one of my neighbors down in Georgia when he was trying to pour boiling (not just hot, boiling) water on his windshield to get the ice off. He didn't understand why it might be a problem, really tried to argue about it.

Some people just need to learn through experience.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why did you stop him? Seems like if he went through with it you'd have a great story to tell your kids how they should never underestimate the heights of human stupidity

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Betimes I cook Indian food at my own place of dwell because I enjoy the taste it has got to it. But then whenever I say I cooked up a Indian food meal there's always someone be give a lecture "that's a misnomer did you know that much of what we call Indian food is cultural appropriation crimes against humanity of colonialism as a man of Dutch heritage you should be eating...um...uhh...waffles? I don't know. What I do know is that you are complicit in appropriation."

From now on I'm just going to say I made a Imo's for dinner.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had to stop one of my neighbors down in Georgia when he was trying to pour boiling (not just hot, boiling) water on his windshield to get the ice off. He didn't understand why it might be a problem, really tried to argue about it.

I can beat that.

Two apprentices at a local van conversion company, took a rubber hammer to all the cars they had to work ons windows. Breaking each and everyone and all the cars were brand new.

Streettrash

Reaction score
I just don't get my neighbor having a total meltdown this morning at the property management company. Seems that they finally decided to tow his non running pos Volvo that he had towed in a few months back. The lease terms clearly spell out no non running or broken down vehicles are allowed to be parked in the common or guest parking areas. He bought a new car the day after the Volvo was towed in and hasn't touched the Volvo for over three months. Car was hooked up and towed this morning. He was beside himself and ranting about this being an attack on his core religious values from Satan aka the property management company.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lots of people lashing out at Andie MacDowell after she complained of being kicked out of first class (which she paid for with money) be like "What do you think your better than everone else have a right to first class air trabel bunch of crap to complane!!!" Do these people respond with Stoic peace of mind when they pay for things and don't get them?

(In fairness, Andie MacDowell shouldn't have said "tourist class" or whatever that was a bit much.)

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People are idiots… so it would seem those people enjoy paying for things and not getting them.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We've recently lost hell of rock stars, to where now some of my FB friends are trying to outdo each other show how "plugged in" they are to the music scene by mentioning the deaths of every single musician who ever played on a recording be like "Baz Tolpkins maracas player for early '80s neo-psychedelia band Krackel Nougat Bar has succumbed after long illness the news has got me to condition of blue."

(Krackel does not have nougat in it you'd probably have to be taking some powerful psychedelic drugs to even imagine Krackel as nougat!)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
And Monty Brinson just died!

We've recently lost hell of rock stars, to where now some of my FB friends are trying to outdo each other show how "plugged in" they are to the music scene by mentioning the deaths of every single musician who ever played on a recording be like "Baz Tolpkins maracas player for early '80s neo-psychedelia band Krackel Nougat Bar has succumbed after long illness the news has got me to condition of blue."

(Krackel does not have nougat in it you'd probably have to be taking some powerful psychedelic drugs to even imagine Krackel as nougat!)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

And Jimmy Bain, who I had never heard of until his name popped up on my Facebook feed.

I put him in the RIP thread a few days ago. It was all over a Scottish newsite I frequent and I was more than a passing RJD fan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads