• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know, I was using one for years and I tried to convince myself I had a better shave, but going back to the disposables I realized that I didn't and with fixed blade angles I can shave in about half the amount of time and without missing patches and having to contort my face beyond belief while shaving.

I don't know, I've not noticed it being a materially longer process. I use disposables a few times a week too when I go to the gym before work, so I feel like I get a good comparison. It definitely takes a *bit* longer, but not 15 minutes.

I dont see a *huge* difference in results, but I do prefer the safety razor. I have very thick facial hair, and feel like I get more tugging and pulling with most disposables. Also, they get clogged up all the time which annoys me.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Isn't the face just like, a portion of your head? When you cut prostitute's heads off, do you just cut them from the eyebrows up? If so, that's weird.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They picked the mach 3 with the vibrating handle which seems silly...but if you want a cooler handle, there are lots of options out there that will take a Gillette cartridge.

I've been using the m3 power for a long time (10 years?) and haven't ever felt any reason to upgrade. Sounds like I got lucky in picking that one. I'm kinda the anti-pB on shaving through. I only shave 1-2x a week and rarely change the blade. I've only had to change the 1 aaa battery in the m3 twice in however long I've had it.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been using the m3 power for a long time (10 years?) and haven't ever felt any reason to upgrade. Sounds like I got lucky in picking that one. I'm kinda the anti-pB on shaving through. I only shave 1-2x a week and rarely change the blade. I've only had to change the 1 aaa battery in the m3 twice in however long I've had it.

I used to use the M3 Power but could never figure out how to shave my face and stimulate my prostate with it at the same time.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sometimes I shave in the morning time and then later in the day I notice that there are some whiskers that have remained on my visage. I typically notice this with my tactile sense, such as when I put a hand on my face or when I lick my lips after a tasty meal. Then I think "Oh no it feels like there's a lot of whiskers there I must look ridiculous." But when I look in the mirror, it turns out I can't even see them except when I look real close. Basically the lesson is not to trust your tactile sense when it comes to how much whiskers you got on your face.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I always fear that I look like this co-worker of mine who misses giant patches. It is as if he's shaving while intoxicated.

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wtf is it with using and throwing away all those disposable razors?

I use an Edwin Jagger DE and it does a way better job than getting the tug from a cheap disposable. Also, you don't need to pass the blade more than twice. One with the grain and another either sideways or against the grain and you're done.
When I have used the Gillet fusion i have to give it at least 4 passes. (I have a very thick hair genes)

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You should not shave your genes that will ruin your hereditys.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sometimes I shave in the morning time and then later in the day I notice that there are some whiskers that have remained on my visage. I typically notice this with my tactile sense, such as when I put a hand on my face or when I lick my lips after a tasty meal. Then I think "Oh no it feels like there's a lot of whiskers there I must look ridiculous." But when I look in the mirror, it turns out I can't even see them except when I look real close. Basically the lesson is not to trust your tactile sense when it comes to how much whiskers you got on your face.

This drives me crazy. I will use a scalpel blade at work to dry shave those bits off. If I see acquaintances with missed hairs, I can not focus on what they are saying to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads