• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some of us were trained on typewriters. Check your computer privilege.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

If I ever see a car with a "5k" sticker on it, I just assume they're a *****. Who else would celebrate running 3.1 miles?

I actually had a Facebook friend who would post all of his "runs." I say "runs" because they were always like 2.1 miles in 27 minutes. I mean, good for you that you're trying to get in shape and all, but it's kind of silly to post that. I get that some people use it as motivation etc etc, but I can't help rolling my eyes.
ah, but runners know we all started somewhere and respect the effort. Well, most runners. The guys on letsrun tend to be a bit rough.

That said, I have a cousin-in-law who posts her crossfit WODs interspersed with pictures of her at various bars doing the 12 oz curls. Part of me thinks she doing it right.

Cordwinder

Reaction score
Business trip tomorrow and I forgot my files at work.
Stupid me for agreeing to go on a Saturday, when our work week is Monday to Friday.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ah, but runners know we all started somewhere and respect the effort. Well, most runners. The guys on letsrun tend to be a bit rough.

I don't have any problem with people running 5ks, just about bragging about it. Shut up and do your work, clowns.

...I'm not really cut out for the modern social media culture.

That said, I have a cousin-in-law who posts her crossfit WODs interspersed with pictures of her at various bars doing the 12 oz curls. Part of me thinks she doing it right.

Is it some kind of law that Crossfitters have to post their workouts on Facebook?

Working off those beer calories is a perfectly legit motivation though.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

People who put two spaces after end punctuation.

Some of us were trained on typewriters. Check your computer privilege.

I was probably the last cohort of students that learned typing, but the correct way to end a sentence is a period and two spaces. Sorry, kid.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh is this that soccer thing?

How Harold Falcon feels about Futbol:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was probably the last cohort of students that learned typing, but the correct way to end a sentence is a period and two spaces. Sorry, kid.

when I was a freshman in HS I took the elective typing class, and we had those electric typewriters that have that huge ball that has all the characters and will spin and depress onto the ink ribbon. Those motherfucking things were loud and actually dangerous - you could suffer a burn or crush injury on your finger if you didn't turn it off before fixing the ribbon.

still touch typing is something that should be mandatory in middle school or even earlier these days, I'm amazed that my wife and others who are in their 30's don't know how to touch type.

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I don't have any problem with people running 5ks, just about bragging about it. Shut up and do your work, clowns.

...I'm not really cut out for the modern social media culture.
Is it some kind of law that Crossfitters have to post their workouts on Facebook?

Working off those beer calories is a perfectly legit motivation though.
well there is a point where it gets obnoxious (running and cross-fit both), I certainly agree. For said cousin, though - she's not really progressing in fitness [/diplomatically put]

I might consider a sticker if I ran an ultra. Maybe.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When I saw that you responded to my last post, my initial thought was, "I bet this dickhead is going to say that he always sends them." It wouldn't surprise me. "I want to make sure everybody reads every word of my single spaced sentences!"

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
**** YOU to the parking attendant who gave me a parking ticket for not having a "valid parking permit/beach pass" when in fact I've had a motherfucking beach pass pasted on my ******* windshield since first day it was available.

it must be ******* quota season for meter maids or something.

ah, the Connecticut shore. Were you at Calf Pasture Beach? All of those towns act like little bitches when it comes to beach access. My sister just says **** all y'all and goes to Sherwood Island State Park.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads