• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just received word that one of my martial arts instructors passed away in the typhoon. It was his birthday Nov 9 and I'd just greeted him a happy birthday...
:(

so sorry to hear that. :(

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found something on STP that I wanted to buy as a gift (actually wanted to buy two...one for me, one for a gift). It didn't say low stock so I figured I would wait for a better deal...maybe even a 40% instead of the frequent 35% since I have until christmas.

Nope. Sold out...went from not being low inventory to being totally gone :(

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got the oil in my car changed, and so I was sitting in the waiting area performing the act of waiting. I was trying to read a novel (in French), but the TV was on at loud volume (in English, of course) and so I struggled of read. But that ain't even what I came here to post about. What I'm here to post about is that I was watching the Rachel Ray show (I think) and I was amazed at how low it was pitched. There was an older lady explaining dining etiquette. She said "Just remember BMW, and I'm not talking about the car!" (Audience laughs) "I mean bread, meal, water!" (Audience goes wild.)

I hardly ever watch TV, so I'm typically stunned when I do. (Don't even get me started about the commercials I've seen as of late "Mali-booya!" and "Yes Sir-racha!")

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If any of you are wondering how to order the silverware at table, just remember FOrKS! :bounce2:

F is for Fork.
O represents the plate, which is typically circular. (Don't interpret the O as a letter, or you'll go wrong. FOrKS is more like a rebus.)
r means that the next letters represent what is to the right of the plate. (Yes, that is a stretch.)
K is for knife.
S is for space. (Some think it is for spoon, but civilized people do not use spoons they are too much like shovels, you should not shovel food into your gueule (snout).

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The older I get, the harder it is to get over jetlag. Sometimes I don't feel it at all, but that is becoming rarer. I got home from China on Saturday night around 9pm, went to bed at midnight, and then slept til 11:30 Sunday morning, which is pretty much unheard of for me in the last 10 years. I was awoken by the neighbor's kids ringing my doorbell like it was a toy; frankly I could have slept another few hours.

Then I couldn't fall asleep last night. I finally did around 12:30 or 1:00am, but woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep.

Now I am exhausted.

And my stomach is upset.

:fu:

Mr Martini

Reaction score
If any of you are wondering how to order the silverware at table, just remember FOrKS!
bounce2.gif

F is for Fork.
O represents the plate, which is typically circular. (Don't interpret the O as a letter, or you'll go wrong. FOrKS is more like a rebus.)
r means that the next letters represent what is to the right of the plate. (Yes, that is a stretch.)
K is for knife.
S is for space. (Some think it is for spoon, but civilized people do not use spoons they are too much like shovels, you should not shovel food into your gueule (snout).
How do civilized people eat soup?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If any of you are wondering how to order the silverware at table, just remember FOrKS! :bounce2:

F is for Fork.
K is for knife.

What of soup?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The older I get, the harder it is to get over jetlag. Sometimes I don't feel it at all, but that is becoming rarer. I got home from China on Saturday night around 9pm, went to bed at midnight, and then slept til 11:30 Sunday morning, which is pretty much unheard of for me in the last 10 years. I was awoken by the neighbor's kids ringing my doorbell like it was a toy; frankly I could have slept another few hours.

Then I couldn't fall asleep last night. I finally did around 12:30 or 1:00am, but woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep.

Now I am exhausted.

And my stomach is upset.

:fu:

This is precisely the reason why us Millenials need to be running **** as CEOs.

You boomers aren't physically up to the task.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How do civilized people eat soup?

What of soup?

I was always taught that soup should be served in a coffee cup, to where you can just drink it like coffee.

The real difficulty is not so much soup as breakfast cereal. I don't think etiquette has caught up with reality on that one. (I use a fork.)

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

My father is a boomer. I am not.

Millenials don't want jobs like mine; there are no trophies for participation.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was always taught that soup should be served in a coffee cup, to where you can just drink it like coffee.

The real difficulty is not so much soup as breakfast cereal. I don't think etiquette has caught up with reality on that one. (I use a fork.)

Who taught you this? Coffee cups are for coffee. That's why they call it a coffee cup. If it was meant for soup they would call it a soup cup. They do not call it a soup cup therefore it is not a soup cup.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's why god made gen Xers....

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is called a coffee cup because so many Americans associate it with coffee and do not know that soup should go in there too (not at the same time).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads