• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
So I woke up today and there was a silver dollar sized blotch of blood on my sheets. Immediately I started to panic because I was wearing two shirts and the surgery garment. I stripped down and found the wound hole, which had been previously scabbing over, open and oozing. And not blood but a thick viscous mixture. Not good. Call the Dr's office and they can't hear me on my end of the phone. They call back, same thing, I call back after going outside (no easy feat) and tell them what's up. They say "keep an eye on it". This was at 11AM. By 2 the area around it had started to turn red, itchy, and warm which, I learned from my leg infection that I just got over, is a surefire sign of an infection. I call back and they can't get the nurse so I ask the woman who answered the phone to please deliver the message as I'd been having problems with them returning messages that I left on the voicemail system. By 3:30 I nobody had called so I said ******* and drove ****** over there. The look on their faces is "what's he doing here". I politely tell them that I've got a problem with my wound area and its getting worse. The gay guy at the front says "we'll fit you in, have a seat" like he was doing me a favor even though they told me to come in if I had any problems. So I wait for about 30 minutes and the Dr. on duty, not my Dr., comes in and starts with the "so, you're having a problem?". He might have well as said "why are you wasting my time with this ****". So he looks at the infection and says "we'll put you on antibiotics." Well, I ask, why is it infected? "I don't know". Is this the same thing as my leg? "Maybe. I don't know" Wonderful.

Now I have a fever, am tingly, shaky, feel cold, and like absolute dog ****.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

I would strongly advise you to see a different doctor soon. (also, hope you get well)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been borrowing my friend's socks and underwear for the last three days since all of mine are in the wash. Fortunately, we are the same size but it's such a hassle when you don't have any clean clothes.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I've been borrowing my friend's socks and underwear for the last three doays since all of mine are in the wash. Fortunately, we are the same size but it's such a hassle when you don't have any clean clothes.

goddamit neo. sorry your bf doesntpoast here anymore

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been borrowing my friend's socks and underwear for the last three days since all of mine are in the wash. Fortunately, we are the same size but it's such a hassle when you don't have any clean clothes.

Is this a joke I'm missing?

I can do a load of laundy in under an hour -- wash and dry -- if I need laundry that badly. Perhaps you should give it a go. Hell you could wash a couple pairs of each by hand and dry them with a hair dryer if you're that desperate.

b

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
LOL. bullshit.

Nope. I haven't smoked a pipe or cigar in months, don't plan on picking it up and I have no interest in drinking like I used to again. Thus, I no longer have any vices. I also only drink hot tea in the winter/fall so I don't think that can count. Not sure what else I partake in that could be considered vice-like.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Borrower nor lender be, especially when it comes to underwear and socks.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Nope. I haven't smoked a pipe or cigar in months, don't plan on picking it up and I have no interest in drinking like I used to again. Thus, I no longer have any vices. I also only drink hot tea in the winter/fall so I don't think that can count. Not sure what else I partake in that could be considered vice-like.

Is being a sad sack of failure a vice?

borderline

Reaction score
The high temperatures of August in the southwest preventing me from exercising. Then I saw a guy in a wheelchair today and got pissed off at myself for being pissed off.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
So I woke up today and there was a silver dollar sized blotch of blood on my sheets. Immediately I started to panic because I was wearing two shirts and the surgery garment. I stripped down and found the wound hole, which had been previously scabbing over, open and oozing. And not blood but a thick viscous mixture. Not good. Call the Dr's office and they can't hear me on my end of the phone. They call back, same thing, I call back after going outside (no easy feat) and tell them what's up. They say "keep an eye on it". This was at 11AM. By 2 the area around it had started to turn red, itchy, and warm which, I learned from my leg infection that I just got over, is a surefire sign of an infection. I call back and they can't get the nurse so I ask the woman who answered the phone to please deliver the message as I'd been having problems with them returning messages that I left on the voicemail system. By 3:30 I nobody had called so I said ******* and drove ****** over there. The look on their faces is "what's he doing here". I politely tell them that I've got a problem with my wound area and its getting worse. The gay guy at the front says "we'll fit you in, have a seat" like he was doing me a favor even though they told me to come in if I had any problems. So I wait for about 30 minutes and the Dr. on duty, not my Dr., comes in and starts with the "so, you're having a problem?". He might have well as said "why are you wasting my time with this ****". So he looks at the infection and says "we'll put you on antibiotics." Well, I ask, why is it infected? "I don't know". Is this the same thing as my leg? "Maybe. I don't know" Wonderful.

Now I have a fever, am tingly, shaky, feel cold, and like absolute dog ****.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

DAMN, man, that is not good. Get well soon and crash the ER if you have to.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
DAMN, man, that is not good. Get well soon and crash the ER if you have to.
Thanks T-Bone. Today I'm still a bit shivery and very achy but I think I've kicked the fever for the most part. Now though, the redness is starting to spread out in an ever widening circle. Apparently, it takes 72 hours for the antibiotics to work so I've just got to wait this ****** out.

Agnacious

Reaction score
Left work early today to find I had a flat tire. Though I have not changed a tire in 20 years, I did not feel like waiting for service and figured it was a 5 minute job.

It was 100 degrees out which made it extra fun. I pull out the tools and tire and put them in the sun. I ended up having to get the users manual to figure out how to do it. When I picked up the wrench thing I burnt my hand because now it is a thousand degrees from sitting in the sun.

Replace the tire (much more than 5 minutes) and go to lower the car and it falls back off the jack. OK, well that was faster than I had planned and no damage done, so whatever. Couldn't figure out how to collapse the jack and threw it in the trunk.

Now I am filthy because my brakes vomit dust continuously and my shirt is soaked. Go back inside and clean up a bit and try to ignore the barely contained laughter.

Finally get into my car and my automatic AC, which has been acting up periodically and have an appointment for on Monday, starts acting wonky. I have no control and it keeps going from 75 to HI ensuring I don't cool off.

On the ride home my tire pressure indicator goes off telling me I have a problem with one of my tire. Figured it was the new tire, hit reset to current levels. Hit the highway it goes off again. Crap, maybe I have 2 flats, get out everything looks fine so hit reset again. Goes off again, now I am thinking maybe a slow leak, nope everything still looks fine. Keeps doing this, I check a couple more times and make it home. I call Audi asking if I forgot something in this highly complicated tire change operation and he informs me that it was probably just reading the tire pressure of the flat in my trunk and the tire was adjusting as there was no more weight on it.

So not only did I get home late and soiled, I have apparently lost any survival skills on the road.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads