• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

These shoes are just Magnanni's...But I couldn't resist

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Right time, right place... These showed up at the Rack a few days ago and liking the way they looked, I grabbed them. When I got home I decided that they were even nicer than they looked in the store. The last is somewhat slender and just a bit elongated. Nice. And a bonus... they fit great! I wore them on Thursday. Can't recall the last time I received so many compliments on a pair of shoes. For the price...I like 'em a lot. Dennis
MagnanniShoes-Pose.jpg
MagnanniShoes-Pose-Tight.jpg
MagnanniShoes-Bottom.jpg

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
This is the first pair of Magnannis that I've ever tried on...least of all owned. Considering the opinions I've read here in the SF (and the way Magnanni's are somewhat disparaged), I wasn't expecting much. However, while they are not nearly as "solid" as the pair of Canali's I recently purchased (which BTW are definitely not made by Magnanni)...even still I found these to be surprisngly nice...in style, appearance, and comfort. FYI- MSRP was $395. I paid $199. D-

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I own a couple of pairs of Magnanni and I have not been particularly pleased with the quality of the leather or the construction. That said, none of mine appear to be as well-constructed as yours, with that channelled sole. Good luck with them!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Magnnanis are nice and great for price and Spanish shoes are also top quality IMO having bought some no names and a pair of Carminas.

amemovox

Reaction score
Those are outstanding. Magnanni shoes are underappreciated. Their captoe balmoral (Toledo)
is an excellent value for a business shoe.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice purchase Osprey. I like the colour and last shape. Nice touch on the way the blucher flaps are fastened at the front. Will you disclose price?

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Nice purchase Osprey. I like the colour and last shape. Nice touch on the way the blucher flaps are fastened at the front. Will you disclose price?
Thanks. Regarding the price...As stated previously: MSRP was $395. I paid $199. I had to run over to Nordstrom's earlier this evening....needed a Mom's Day gift for my wife. Actually, we didn't go out tonight and I was just looking for another excuse to tryout the new Magnanni's. I thought they looked smashing when coupled with a pair of tropical wool, olive green and dk blue plaid, flat front Zanella's with a perfect break, 1.5" cuff (the pants were also recently scored from The Rack...for a mere $38 bucks! Gotta love that store...). I wore 'em with a great Robert Talbott belt, that's pretty much dead-on the same color as the shoes. I'm very much a regular at that Nordstrom's and all of the guys who work there in the various men's depts know me well (it's only about 12 minutes from my house and between the Main store and The Rack downstairs, I practically rent space there). Tonight it seemed like every one of them was making a fuss over the new Magnanni's....Especially when they found out that I just bought them downstairs in The Rack (This is the only Nordstrom in the country that's got a Rack located on the ground floor of the Main store). I'd bet that at least a few of them will be stopping in at the Rack tomorrow morning before reporting upstairs for work.
wink.gif
Den-

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amemovox
Those are outstanding. Magnanni shoes are underappreciated. Their captoe balmoral (Toledo) is an excellent value for a business shoe.
I thought so and was proved wrong. Bought black and brown at full retail due to the perceived 'value'. The leather does not hold up and looks quite cheap just a year later. The shoes in this thread look to be higher quality. Though I would use darker polish on them to even out the color tone, which is currently too flashy for my tastes.

StopPolloition

Reaction score
There's definitely quite a few items that aren't on the imaginary SF approved list that are still quite nice. I like these shoes that you posted, but I think they would have looked better if they made them as wholecuts rather than with that small area of open lacing. I had a pair of Johnston and Murphy's for several years that I thought was nice before I came to SF, and these are definitely much better than the J&M shoes. Sometimes you win big at Nordstrom Rack. Last time I got a Spiewak jacket for 60 bucks.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice shoes. I have two pairs of Magnanni's and love them both. The older pair have been worn to death (just re-soled) and are proving very hard-wearing indeed.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I never heard about Magnanni until very recently. But this year I have seen some quite nice looking ones at El Corte InglÃ
00a9.png
s. Is it a new brand? So far, Spanish shoes have basically been Carmina, Yanko and Lotusse for me.

vincerich

Reaction score
Those are very nice shoes for a fashionable, casual outting. I've always thought that particular style was slick, but they aren't so great for businesswear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads