• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the kidcrash

Reaction score
Jan Jan
Forme D
Marsell
i quite like this, i think. just need a better quality photo. very happy to see CD giving Tender some luv and really like Frank's last fit. Also really liking MoK's adidas stuff

got streetstyled yesterday..... came out nice i think!
4AVDmkp.jpg

other recent wears spoilered to not clog thread
T2Crc26.jpg

f9WDGBs.jpg

NxVJsBa.jpg

mix of casey-casey, jjve, and plenty of evan kinori

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the best medium to use to repaint my old painted jute GATs?

I think most people use acrylic. I used oil but it dried really slowly and actually smeared onto pants/floor/anything I came in touch with because it took longer to dry than I realized. Acrylic is probably more breathable too. Downside is it's not waterproof.

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
:nest:

But in all honestly, that's a great critique and one that I've received from others. I'm unsure if my current clothing preferences are shaped by my wardrobe being full of Japanese brands or my being in San Francisco where I want to stand out from all the hoodies and running shoes. I think I'm still very much in the honeymoon phase with clothes that has resulted in experimentation with pattern-mixing, silhouettes, and aesthetic clashes (a well-paying job has lent itself to more exploration). When I'm in the mood or am too lazy, I definitely mute my outfits.

Ragechester

Reaction score
I always really like your fits, but wonder what it would be like if everything wasn't 'on' in them, if some pieces were able to stand out more.

When everything is awesome, is anything awesome?
:hide:

I interpreted this as "hey wear something besides all Japanese brands." Not that I don't like your style and posts Kamotoe but mixing in something thats actually vintage rather than replica vintage would be cool. And maybe you have some vintage gear and I don't recall seeing it but even some boots or a bag I bet you'd appreciate. I bought a USN WWII deck hat this winter and it somehow works well with what I have

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DSC03796.JPG

long time since i posted a fit...
Label under construction farmer jacket in wool
Frank Leder linen shirt
robert geller overdyed denim
carpe diem s21m in horse

fit ended up looking as i expected, i'm happy

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday.

In best tourist guide voice: 'Behind me you have the town warehouse built in around 1475. Obviously the fire escape is a later addition'.

2sat.jpg

EG
Kapital
EG
Birks

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 831113

long time since i posted a fit...
Label under construction farmer jacket in wool
Frank Leder linen shirt
robert geller overdyed denim
carpe diem s21m in horse

fit ended up looking as i expected, i'm happy

Wouldn't have expected you to wear Leder. Looks great, man, excellent cohesiveness of a bunch of different brands

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads