• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Maison Martin Margiela - Turtle Wrong Size Sunglasses (No Vis) - Minimal Wool Jacket - F/W 2001 Artisanal Hand Painted Shirt - S/S 2009 Denim - Replica Cake Batter Trainers

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ambyance The Saddam Teissy jacket looks great -- what are your thoughts on it??

It's a gorgeous piece. My first horse leather... actually had to order a custom size (5) since they only made up to 3. Fit turned out to be perfect! The elbow region is pretty tight though even with the mobility pleats but it's already getting better with wear.

The collar is stiff enough that I can either make it a high neck or mollino-style flap but I tend to lean towards the latter since the former gets in the way of my face not to mention I usually don't zip my jackets. Not entirely sold on the grey hardware yet but maybe it'll grow on me... but since most of my jackets have silver hardware, it's a refreshing change. I will say though it's probably one of the hardest zipper pulls I've tried though so I gave up on zipping up.

The leather finish is really cool too. It's got a unique glossy shine/finish from their own special blend of wax that was applied after polishing.

This horse leather from Europe was tanned in Himeji, Japan with a chrome tanning first, then 90% of the chrome was taken off the leather and had a vegetable tanning, making a great combination with the chrome. You can enjoy this leather aging with the strong points of a chrome tanning and the great leather feeling from the other tanning. The unique finishing was made by the designer himself, showing the harshness and colors of the horse leather, and a nice relief impression. We cannot reveal the processes used in details, but this kind of relief cannot be obtained by simply moistening it. To obtain this relief impression, it had a unique process, then had a drying and after that it had a special blend wax applied to it and each item was polished. As you wear it, the wax in the leather will create a glossiness and wrinkles with time and use that will depend on your movements and way to use it. The leather has a thickness of 1.0mm.
You can sort of see it here on their IG pic:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP3jajyFb1O/

The ramie + cupro lining is pretty nice as well. Not to mention the very reasonable price for an MTM leather (even cheaper if stock size). Shout out to Saddam & Fascinate crew!

Last edited:

Matsa

Reaction score
That's right, KOY hangs out in Uppsala! I thought I recognized Davidssons skomakeri a while back too. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads