• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dirty Denim

Reaction score
Great piece - sadly like much of the Kountry range it tops out at a p2p of 21.25"
frown.gif

A lot of their designs stop at around a 40" chest and 33" waist which sadly rules them out for us bigger guys.

Such a shame which is why i invest so much in custom pieces. Of course none are going to be Kapitalesque but I do have a guy who can do some cool aftermarket stuff. He has even done some work on an EG vest . If i remember right he did some work for Freepeople

https://instagram.com/p/9JLnRLoPbO/?taken-by=rigg_ny

http://www.wgsn.com/blogs/rigg-ny/

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That collection is outstanding but I doubt that swastika shirt's going to be a big hit with most Western shoppers.  Too many people associate it with Nazism.

I feel your pain re: sizing, though.  I love Kapital's look but can't bother with Japanese brands - they just don't fit me.

Edit:  Just realized it's a denim jacket and not a shirt underneath a denim vest, but still...

Yes I can't see any of their few Western retailers stocking that...

I can get away with some Japanese pieces, but it's pretty limited. I'm guessing if they wanted more overseas trade they'd produce stuff in larger sizes.

Stuff I wore on Saturday. Nothing remarkable, but probably a better fit here than in MC Casual. Denim is RRL and those are Bean Katahdin boots from about 10 years ago..

Looks good. Nice to see you hopping over the wall to the dark side :)

Such a shame which is why i invest so much in custom pieces.  Of course none are going to be Kapitalesque but I do have a guy who can do some cool aftermarket stuff. He has even done some work on an EG vest .  If i remember right he did some work for Freepeople

https://instagram.com/p/9JLnRLoPbO/?taken-by=rigg_ny

http://www.wgsn.com/blogs/rigg-ny/

Good stuff. I keep getting tempted to have a go myself, but my customisation skills have only really been tried out with hats.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ LOL

Ragechester

Reaction score
ew, that bun makes me wan't to puke, get rid of it, and at least wait until it's not such a super trend anymore. That way, you'll only look stupid, not stupid and a tool too.

Oh gee I wonder why so many good posters don't put fits here anymore....

try playing a little nicer boys, we don't need name calling like that,

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, now that I've let my hair grow out a bit, I've realized there's no method for tying back male hair that's not symbolically charged. On a windy day, long haired dudes have three options: choose a ponytail and invoke Comic Book Guy, choose the bun and ruin Nomed's day, or leave the hairtie at home and let the wind blind them behind a temporary hair forest, comforted by the knowledge that they've avoided falling into an undesirable stereotype.

I think I'll just wear a showercap so everyone assumes I'm dangerously crazy and leaves me alone.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You know, now that I've let my hair grow out a bit, I've realized there's no method for tying back male hair that's not symbolically charged. On a windy day, long haired dudes have three options: choose a ponytail and invoke Comic Book Guy, choose the bun and ruin Nomed's day, or leave the hairtie at home and let the wind blind them behind a temporary hair forest, comforted by the knowledge that they've avoided falling into an undesirable stereotype.

I think I'll just wear a showercap so everyone assumes I'm dangerously crazy and leaves me alone.

Come on man, those aren't your only options

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh don't bother you don't need the shower cap(sorry; I just couldn't let that one go by)

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you look like Comic Book Guy, you should probably cut your hair. Ponytail seems totally normal to me.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just start wearing caps/hats

I'm actually fully seriously looking for a cool headband too tho

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads