• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

just another fool

Reaction score

trying to make these jeans work

style wallah

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, Stanley, that's super helpful. I thought the cardigan fit pretty well until I started taking pictures of myself in it. Oof. I tried removing the tie, and pulled the sleeves of the cardi further up my shoulders, since the seam was falling past my natural shoulder. I also cuffed my jeans, but they don't fold very cleanly:

The chest and waist do look too big. Is that something that can be taken in easily? I've never tried to have sweaters and such tailored. I also tried unbuttoning the cardi, and I didn't think it looked so great. I'm not wearing a belt, and my overall dad-factor went up:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RE: StyleWallah.

I'd lose the cardigan. They look cool if you're Kurt Cobain or very thin. I think you'd look better with a smaller shirt collar, too. Yours flares a bit and is big without the tie. You'll want to wear a belt when you wear jeans with a tucked in shirt. The jeans could be more tapered, too. You'd look bad ass in common projects plain black achilles. Then you're set.

Last edited:

just another fool

Reaction score

holy fuark its synth

Haha i wasn't trying for that but i could be called worse. Dude dresses well.

I'm guessing 95% of the toj bb reboots were inspired by synth's pics (myself included) so i get it. I'm unimaginative so i can really only visualize what i see as a whole (ie not a picture of an item)

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Never got a chance to wear it with white pants :( jealous

looks good; jacket looks a little tight, though? Also, I would try it with just the middle two buttons done up, or keep it as you are and do up one more

Last edited:

just another fool

Reaction score
It looks shorter/tighter in that pic than usual because i am new at trying to take pictures of myself and just propped my phone up with a beer bottle so it's a bit under angled haha. I'll give that a shot, though.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I think you're leaning backwards which gives you the appearance of a gut. I realized the other day that I've been doing this without noticing in basically every waywt I've ever taken.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, Stanley, that's super helpful. I thought the cardigan fit pretty well until I started taking pictures of myself in it. Oof. I tried removing the tie, and pulled the sleeves of the cardi further up my shoulders, since the seam was falling past my natural shoulder. I also cuffed my jeans, but they don't fold very cleanly:

The chest and waist do look too big. Is that something that can be taken in easily? I've never tried to have sweaters and such tailored. I also tried unbuttoning the cardi, and I didn't think it looked so great. I'm not wearing a belt, and my overall dad-factor went up:

Nice. First shot looks way better than your original. I agree the second is not as good but I'd say that if you're going to do the cardi unbuttoned then just do the shirt untucked if it's short enough. Either way, pretty good improvement without changing much of the outfit even. I'm on the fence about how cuffing the jeans ended up looking and maybe they're actually fine the way they were before.

Anyway, carry on.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Messin' around:

Brands
Asos tank
Giorgio Brato jacket
Zara jeans
BB sneakers

:D

I'll bust out some new stuff soonish!

Last edited:

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Messin' around:

Brands
Asos tank
Giorgio Brato jacket
Zara jeans
BB sneakers

Looks like you about to breakdance. It's got that old school vibe.

fireflygrave

Reaction score

Messin' around:

Brands
Asos tank
Giorgio Brato jacket
Zara jeans
BB sneakers

You're in med school right? man if I was in the hospital and you walked into my room i'd be simultaneously like, "sweet, some cool clothes going on" but also apprehensive that my doctor is apparently a leather wearing tough dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads