• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks
cool.gif

about the lenght, I assure you I'm not, more like 5'11

Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol when did you get your hair cut, i got almost the same cut yesterday

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 hours ago
wink.gif

thought it is basically the same haircut I've had for a long time, only shorter and more awesome

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol when did you get your hair cut, i got almost the same cut yesterday
Me too. Cropped the sides and left the top almost untouched. Though in my case, having curly hair, it has more of a breezybirch feel.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Juhuvl.jpg

John Coppidge
Jerk Crew
Dark Helmut
Common Products

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score

This looks not dissimilar from some of my early fits here so let me give you some thoughts.

The cardi is simultaneously too small and too big for you. It's too small in the shoulders/chest, and is not hugging the collar of your shirt which looks bad as there's a huge gap there. But then it's too big around the waist and looks slouchy, which can be a cool look but it would need to be slouchy all over and this isn't.

A tie with jeans is almost never going to look good. It looks like a knit tie so I'm sure you're going to say it's a casual tie but that's just what GQ wants you to believe and it's not really true. Women have a rule about taking one thing off before you walk out the door and if I were apply this to your fit, the tie would definitely be the thing to lose. The shirt is actually ok and the cardi might be ok if unbuttoned (along with unbuttoning the shirt at the collar).

Those jeans aren't the best but not the worst I've ever seen. They are verging on dad-jean status but not quite there. Typically people here like to see jeans either cuffed or stacked and it looks like you might have just enough length for a single cuff which is what I would recommend here.

Shoes are also ok but definitely not good in context with the tie (but again, lose the tie first). I honestly don't really know what to recommend on the shoes so maybe someone else can chime in here, but they are definitely more casual so either the rest of the outfit needs to be, or you need to change the shoes to something else.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No; I emailed Yoox about them and they said (in not so many words) that they can't do anything abut it, so they gave me a 20% discount. I'd still want them, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads