• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those concerned, I didn't get raped by anyone but job hours, 32 in the past 48. I read through and I understand you all do not like Junya fits versus this safe dull thom/eg stuff. It doesn't translate well in photos, ask anyone on here who knows me in person or has seen it and they'll vouch. As for height, I'd rather be 5'6 than 6'5, too long can be cut down, but too short can't be lengthened always. And I work in a couple of industries, currently home-furnishings for a webshop, and then I have my own project as well which is based in fashion.

apk How you like that TM 103

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Jesus Haploidy Christ, you're younger than I am?! :eh:

In respect of my earlier post addressing whatever's comment, I will not note the reasons why you are just the latest in a long line of people to be shocked by how young moo is.

apk How you like that TM 103

I haven't gotten a chance to sit down with it yet, but I'm hoping that the continuous delays didn't take some of the wind out of the sails with regards to the finished product. Speaking of the delays, my buddy from high school did a pretty in-depth interview with Jeezy recently in which Jeezy has sheds some light on why he was laying low for a lot of 2011.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you have a kid (or 2), you gained a lot of weight, you have a good amount of disposable income?

that's my personal assumption.

but hearing now you're 28, it's not that surprising i guess.

like you said, your life is pretty great/successful at young age.

i dunno being from the bay area too, this isn't all that surprising to me...and you live in SF so yeah.

lawyer/finance?

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
lol @ gained a lot of weight. Sorry I'm not size 29 in APC denim. :confused: Just don't see why this is some insult that every person on this forum that has an issue with me, for whatever reason, must post about. I'm fatter than you. Big deal. Move on.

I have a 6 month old baby girl. No plans for a second kid for now.

To address your question, I am in Risk Management.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well i was going to say you're fat but thought it was rude because it seems like you gained weight. the recent photo someone else posted of you compared to your recent WAYWT is a lot slimmer, so your former self vs latter

I wear size 29 APC too, look at my most recent WAYWT... i don't get it.

and me bringing up the weight wasn't meant as an insult.

just some people might liken weight with age as one gets older? i think i'm going to be fat when i get old..

FWIW, i do not think you're fat/overweight. You just wear very fitted clothes, hm?

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A person's hairline can, unfortunately, radically alter their perceived age.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Real deal Pendleton from a long ass time ago (50's - 60's based on what I can tell).
The rest of the fits got some . . . problems.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

A person's hairline can, unfortunately, radically alter their perceived age.

I'll be bald by the time I'm 35, I'm pretty sure. I'll have beaten any other male in my family tree by a solid 5 years if that happens.

well i was going to say you're fat but thought it was rude because it seems like you gained weight. the recent photo someone else posted of you compared to your recent WAYWT is a lot slimmer, so your former self vs latter
I wear size 29 APC too, look at my most recent WAYWT... i don't get it.
and me bringing up the weight wasn't meant as an insult.
just some people might liken weight with age as one gets older? i think i'm going to be fat when i get old..
FWIW, i do not think you're fat/overweight. You just wear very fitted clothes, hm?

No I'm most definitely overweight. :lol:

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HAHA

I was going to say, have you see Gran Torino?? Yeah Moo has that same attitude when posting among members

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

HAHAHAHAHA that vid is hilarious

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I guess I don't understand why people think I'm much older than what I am?

I had been pondering this question myself recently, I realized that it may be a few minor things, a few bigger more inherent things;

a) your screenname prefix of 'Mr.' and your internet persona, the WAYWT images - the 'Mr.' just kinda leads one to believe you may be older
b) your choices in clothes definitely transcend your age. You have some nice clothes.... but they're not typically made for 28 year olds, and you can admit that too I think. I mean, you got a lot of MC footwear things, your general look is business casual, sometimes psycho-business casual. A lot of it has a vintage or dandy flair to it, as if you're drawn to that - tri-tone boots, for example, repro denim, that Goodwear leather jacket, you carry a briefcase sometimes, I mean this is not how people perceive 28 year olds usually.

It's actually a problem in America, IMO - for a very long time, and I guess even still to some extent, there was little to no guidance in the way of 'age-appropriate' clothing and styles, people just kinda guessed at it, +/- 20 years... I mean the opposite to that is the way the Japanese categorize their fashion magazine clientele, and even stores here do the same. There's a Japanese magazine called 'SENSE' that you and many other styleforumer's would love probably - it originally catered to guys in their 20's, who were interested in midrange brands; later they merged SENSE with another old magazine for guys in their 40's who were interested in high end 'rock' and street influenced clothing (Chrome Hearts and MMJ, D&G, a lot of flashy things), and created a new version of SENSE that supposedly caters guys in both their 20's and 40's now - mid to high end casual clothing, dark colored, often black clothes, and they're right, it kinda works.
In America, you have GQ, other men's magazines - they're trying advise guys from the ages of 18 to like 65, so they're definitely veering on the side of conservative, since the older guys have more money to spend.

So yeah, I think your clothes are age inappropriate. They're nice pieces, they're just not really befitting a 28 year old. You should enjoy being 28, if you can, I guess. I am turning 30 on Sunday and I feel like I'm 15 years younger than you, every time you post.

c) I think if you blur your face so that you only see your glasses as you do in your WAYWT's, you look older. That and your figure - I keep placing you around 40 or so.

d) there's your house, you just bought that Lexus RX330, etc - 28 year olds typically don't do this kinda stuff man. You should be proud of your accomplishments, but most 28 year olds are just happy to make rent still.

Last edited:

malakas

Reaction score
Mr Moo, you came across as someone totally unhappy with your life

if you have had enough of being fat ****....lose some weight

if you hate your wife and find her vile...get rid of her

if she doesnt let you **** her, but dont want a divorce....get a mistress

take a good look at yourself, as you come across as miserable fat ****, ok....and ironically, irl you probably are a decent guy, albeit a fat one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads