• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ronnel is the biggest toolbag in the history of mankind. You get ***** for flaunting your wealth? Good job you unenlightened schmuck.
Sorry but an eye for an eye...

I don't think that's entirely accurate. I believe he said he got ***** because of the godawful short sleeve button down shirt he was wearing. Or maybe it was his cool Colin Farrell beanie collection.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the most exciting outfit - but I just rediscovered my KZO flannel and remembered how much I liked it. So there.

KZO x Unholy Matrimony
Geller
Chimala
Geller x Common Projects

Last edited:

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe one too many layers/patterns.

More MC casual but x-posting here for WM sweater

Bespoke coat (W. Bill tweed)
White Mountaineering sweater
Hickey shirt
Incotex pants
Grenson captoes
Vintage 5513
Mismo bag

W Bill unf

AA Coat/Sweater/Pants, H&M 3M gloves, Bostonian Bucks

Light suede/red soles seem spring/summer to me

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got the SS Alpaca- keep or sell?

I don't what you have on is bad so much as it accentuates things that you may not want to. You appear to have a long skinny head and a longer neck. I know this sounds like a very weird thing to say, but I think you derive a disproportionate amount of your height from your neck and head. The "v" created by the jacket/sweater/t-shirt only seems to accentuate the effect. If you were to wear something like a collared shirt to help diminish the appearance of your neck length, I think it would help.

I only wish to offer this (possibly misguided) advice as I have a similar issue and have found that wearing things to help make my head neck combo look shorter, help to make my overall appearance better.

yah. for real.
g, cant tell the watch in that pic. which one is it?

bump, set...

The vintage rollie - 5513 with lollipop dial

...spike

eh

I think you need to stand up straight and untie the sweater from your waist.

AA Coat/Sweater/Pants, H&M 3M gloves, Bostonian Bucks

The shoes seem like summer wear. Black boots would probably work better.

virtual woodwork: that little sliver of screen space between your browser window and the edge of your monitor.

a.k.a IndoChinoLand

First date.  We went to a nice authentic Italian restaurant, and I spent way more than I wanted to. :facepalm:

Silk scarf
Custom
Custom (covered placket, 'sup Bows)
Dior 19cm
Suede sidezips

Lose the scarf, untuck the shirt, win.

Last edited by a moderator:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
in a month:

#1. in stitches
(1,874 posts)
#2. Rambo
(876 posts)
#3. harvey_birdman
(836 posts)
#4. idfnl
(536 posts)
#5. Piobaire
(512 posts) #6. L'Incandescent
(506 posts)
#7. jet
(472 posts)
#8. Coldsnap
(470 posts)
#9. CalTex
(408 posts)
#10. patrickBOOTH
(407 posts)

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in a month:
#1. in stitches
(1,874 posts)
#2. Rambo
(876 posts)
#3. harvey_birdman
(836 posts)
#4. idfnl
(536 posts)
#5. Piobaire
(512 posts) #6. L'Incandescent
(506 posts)
#7. jet
(472 posts)
#8. Coldsnap
(470 posts)
#9. CalTex
(408 posts)
#10. patrickBOOTH
(407 posts)

I would love to see what those numbers look like if we exclude posts made in DT & GC. I'd bet that for almost everybody on that list, the number goes down by 90%.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would love to see what those numbers look like if we exclude posts made in DT & GC. I'd bet that for almost everybody on that list, the number goes down by 90%.

i would guess you are correct, but im pretty sure im evenly split between MC/GC/DT, with the least amount of my posts being in EC &SWD. not sure why teger posted that though. nor am i sure what point it made. ah well.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chicks who like douches for boyfriends are the chicks I like to degrade into pathetic whores before I kick them to the curb right before they think they're spending the night!

What does this even mean?

i would guess you are correct, but im pretty sure im evenly split between MC/GC/DT, with the least amount of my posts being in EC &SWD. not sure why teger posted that though. nor am i sure what point it made. ah well.

Okay, think of it this way. Your registration date is about two years ago. 25 months or so. 760 days. That puts you at about 44 posts per day. It's obnoxious.

Contrast: My registration date is a little more than four years ago, and I'm just now coming up on 2k posts. That's a little more than one post per day on average. I'm not trying to say that I'm the golden standard of posting, but you can be a regular without dominating the forum with your voice.

Last edited:

TheJared

Reaction score

Lose the scarf, and I'd recommend not wearing that fit on a first date. I've worn a similar douche fit as others called it, but it was to go out drinking at cafes and strip clubs. Plus I acted like a douche(notice pose) so it was a successful night:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday

Different photo angle for a change... :

Christy's cap
Vintage jacket
Oliver Spencer shirt
H&M cargos
Tricker's boots

I picked up the jacket on a whim on Saturday - NOS Gurtex 70's Made in England - from a vintage shop in Margate, on a trip to the Turner Contemporary (slightly underwhemeled by the Alex Katz exhibition, but I liked his selection of works from the Tate).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads