• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
wish I was working from home so I could wear this again

R5x9n.jpg

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yet again, the concept of fat on this forum. but why do your forearms look so skinny?

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got no idea, grip isn't weak. Was shrugging 120kg for reps double overhand today with no straps and I can deadlift like 190kg now. I think its because I have very large hands, so I don't need to make an effort to really squeeze the bar and I can just let it wrest on my finger tips instead.

Last edited:

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have you been doing exercises for your cheeks too?

edit: the ones on your face

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i want to be you when i grow up :inlove:what docs? did you paint the sole black?is this ringjacket?

hahah, you mean a raffish slacker with a clothing obsession? ;-) docs are the jeffrey model. they have a slimmer profile than the 1460s and no yellow stitching. the sole is still that neutral semi transparent rubber. i think they just look black. and yeah, that's the same ring jacket. japanese co. makes southern italian-esque suits often with weird fabrics. more about it here. run it thru google translator for japanglish explanation. I guess it's a mohair-flannel, but it has that same wrinkly, bubbly quality of boiling. it's also unfortunately kinda itchy-n-skratchy.

I know Parker has a lot of SW&D cred but I don't think that suit looks good. I feel like the belt almost hitting the button is really throwing things off. The pants should be lowered a bit.

I agree with you.. pants are riding too high in the photo. This is not my fave suit, I prefer a lower rise and slimmer cut. Or else super loose. This is sort of an in-betweener silhouette.

Last edited:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cdhagg - you're doing pretty damn good.
pretty damn good if you're trying to look like generic meterosexual guy. what exactly are you trying to go for?
Quote:

Sag your jeans and throw those boots in the trash, I'm tired of seeing them.
And if you're going to wear a button up with jeans, make it an oxford or something, not so dressy. Top and bottom halves are incongruent

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I didn't really think of the versace-esque shiny shirt as "dressy," but maybe I'll have to rethink where I can use the shirt.

Aether: I don't really know where I'm going with this. I think I have some vague idea of how I want to dress, with words like "sleek" and "sexy" attached. Maybe I've been reading too much GQ, or watching too many Armani runway shows.
confused.gif

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you should start by looking at street style pictures to supplement your consumption of GQ/mass-market-magazine-style. this will help you see how people have styled their fits and may give you some additional inspiration. a lot of GQ styling is sorta formulaic...

i think you're doing pretty good in terms of the way the clothing fits, but you need to work on dat styling.

Last edited:

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sleek and sexy sounds pretty gay to me.

Am I doing it right?

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are trying to do the GQ thing, you are not doing it right.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Got no idea, grip isn't weak. Was shrugging 120kg for reps double overhand today with no straps and I can deadlift like 190kg now. I think its because I have very large hands, so I don't need to make an effort to really squeeze the bar and I can just let it wrest on my finger tips instead.

Ah true, that's certainly heavier than what I can do. Probably just genetics.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He just needs different pants. Some dark grey/black chinos or cotton/wool blend trousers or even waxed black denim and he'd nail the "look" which is super gay no doubt, but like, whatever.

This is how like 60% of the gay dudes at my gym dress. The other 40% wear mostly Diesel and G Star raw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads