• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had no idea this watch existed until this series of posts. But now I want one badly...thank goodness it appears to be impossible to get at MSRP so I won't be tempted to redo financial priorities

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that Snoopy is awesome!

The Aquanaut is one of my grails I would love to add some day. Wonder how it would look on leather.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Aquanaut is one of my grails I would love to add some day. Wonder how it would look on leather.

aquanaut or closet full of epaulet? what would you choose?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aquanaut or closet full of epaulet? what would you choose?

Hahaha it seems I've already made that choice ;)

Probably nice clothes, at least for this time in my life, and I'm blessed to have a few nice watches too. The Aquanaut is something to look forward to down the road (but Reverso comes next).

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably pretty good - but, the rubber strap complements the dial so well that I probably wouldn't change it - unless the rubber wore out and I was waiting for a new one, perhaps.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Agreed, the rubber strap with the dial is a major reason why I like the watch so much. I wouldn't want to change that up.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This watch, so cute.

d361553724755e25e4f307137c0fa7d3.jpg

#PostingAgainAndAgain #OffendingTWATTrolls #WhereIsThatAssholeAgain #DontCare #LoveSnoopy
worship2.gif

Post as much as you want. That is an awesome watch. I have my people out, scouring the planet...
cool.gif

Dillardiv

Reaction score
Aquanaut looks so great! I think for myself, I'd be inclined to save up another $5-7,000 and get a Nautilus. It's all theoretical at this point, not having the funds or the stomach to really go above $10,000 yet.

Dillardiv

Reaction score

This watch, so cute.

d361553724755e25e4f307137c0fa7d3.jpg

#PostingAgainAndAgain #OffendingTWATTrolls #WhereIsThatAssholeAgain #DontCare #LoveSnoopy

The thing I like most about this is that it's just a ton of fun. There's certainly value in beautiful movements, rare dials, etc etc, but stopping just to have fun with a watch is so cool to me.

tigerpac

Reaction score
Went to an MB&F dinner last night. Max Busser is as cool a guy as his reputation makes him out to be. Very open and honest, very approachable.

To NYC TWATers - MB&F will soon be available in NYC, when London Jewelers open a new place downtown.

Very cool pieces in person, even if most of them are way too crazy for me personally.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't aware that London was opening a NYC location. I have purchased all my watches through them.

Went to an MB&F dinner last night. Max Busser is as cool a guy as his reputation makes him out to be. Very open and honest, very approachable.

To NYC TWATers - MB&F will soon be available in NYC, when London Jewelers open a new place downtown.

Very cool pieces in person, even if most of them are way too crazy for me personally.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

Finally pulled the trigger on a watch I had been eying for years. Will post pictures over the weekend. It is pre-1970.

*insert popcorn munching emoji here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads