• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Gents,

Does anyone know what is the price for Rolex Submariner Date 116610LN in Paris? I know I can call the shops direct, but it is still 2 hours away from opening hours where I am and I am hoping for a quick answer. FYI price in HK is HK$63,900 without discounts.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

kimmo

Reaction score

Sometimes it's the smallest things that make the difference. That one small touch, differentiating it from, say, a 50 Fathoms chrono or a hundred others, puts it right up my wish list.  I find it quite captivating.  A little red dot.  And I don't even feel weird about it.

I confess: I sometimes leave the chrono on just to see that indicator on the dial on a casual glance during the day :)

yongsoo

Reaction score
Was in Germany about a month ago for work. Hard to do cityscapes with a watch shot but here we go. Stowa Flieger B overlooking Frankfurt, Germany (unfortunately, no time to swing by the Sinn factory =/ )

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
^^Nice Stowa Fleiger^^

Always liked the crown on that one. It's big without being BIG.

And I believe mimo is a fan of that design :satisfied:

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of German watches, does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with Sinn? I've been researching the 104 st sa and am intrigued.

wa-sin-0055.jpg

yongsoo

Reaction score
Speaking of German watches, does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with Sinn? I've been researching the 104 st sa and am intrigued.
I've never owned a Sinn, but they've got a pretty outstanding reputation for quality and build. It does use a Sellita sw220-1 movement, though, so it's not completely German :p

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was also interested in the 104 at one point. I did read that there were some problems with the date alignment and the movement not running properly I also saw one for sale where the triangle on the bezel didn't line up properly. As isolated as these may be, I had enough concerns about quality to make me change my mind.

atila

Reaction score
Speaking of German watches, does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with Sinn?  I've been researching the 104 st sa and am intrigued.

wa-sin-0055.jpg

[/quote

I actually wore that watch yesterday and was going to post it but forgot... I've always liked the look and feel of Sinn watches and when this watch came out on pre-order I jumped on it. It was exactly what I was looking for and the price was/is right. The movement runs smooth with not a single issue. The finishing on the case, dial, everything, is great. I've had zero issues and I love the thick leather band it came with. I've contemplated getting the bracelet for it (as it wasn't offered until the pre-orders were put through), but have always been happy with the band it came with... the dark brown thick leather with white contrast stitching gives the watch extra depth. The only thing for me is it doesn't see a lot of wrist time as I consider it a more casual watch and I'm working a lot, but otherwise I personally love the watch and recommend it. And I definitely prefer this version over the newest version with the arabic numerals.

Last edited:

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just as an exercise, can anyone name a $4,000+ modern watch that is known for remarkable unreliability?

Drez

Reaction score

Speaking of German watches, does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with Sinn?  I've been researching the 104 st sa and am intrigued.

wa-sin-0055.jpg

Outstanding value; excellent fit and finish. That's based on my extended ownership of the Sinn U1 on two occasions.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just as an exercise, can anyone name a $4,000+ modern watch that is known for remarkable unreliability?

Dino mentions FPJ earlier items had issues and I have heard of a couple of issues with Richard Mille watches breaking. I wouldn't say either of these are known for breaking, like it is a running joke, but I would assume small batch production watches from independents could have issues down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads